Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2017, 09:46 PM   #1

Todays Shockwave fun

Well, I picked up my 24RQMX Saturday, spent a couple nights in it then went back to the dealer Monday to have a few things taken care of. Today I cleaned it up, installed some minor odds and ends, then removed the panel under the fridge to see what was there. I found the heater duct, which is foil flexible ducting, laying on top of what appears to be a buss bar. Also found one of the ducts torn 3/4 away around. Finally, one of the terminals had 2 wires terminated to a stud but without a nut to hold them on. Of course, the stud next to it had 2 nuts. Taped the torn duct, removed the extra nut from one terminal and installed it on the other one then finally, laid a thin sheet of rubber over the buss bar to shield it from the duct.
Oh, forgot. There was something under the vinyl flooring that was hard and if left there would end up making a hole in the vinyl. I was able to fish it out by removing one of the table leg support cups. It was a staple about 2 inches long.
flhtci2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:49 PM   #2

Welcome to the world of quality RVing. Most of us have had some of the same experiences it pays to look behind those panels.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flhtci2006 View Post
Well, I picked up my 24RQMX Saturday, spent a couple nights in it then went back to the dealer Monday to have a few things taken care of. Today I cleaned it up, installed some minor odds and ends, then removed the panel under the fridge to see what was there. I found the heater duct, which is foil flexible ducting, laying on top of what appears to be a buss bar. Also found one of the ducts torn 3/4 away around. Finally, one of the terminals had 2 wires terminated to a stud but without a nut to hold them on. Of course, the stud next to it had 2 nuts. Taped the torn duct, removed the extra nut from one terminal and installed it on the other one then finally, laid a thin sheet of rubber over the buss bar to shield it from the duct.
Oh, forgot. There was something under the vinyl flooring that was hard and if left there would end up making a hole in the vinyl. I was able to fish it out by removing one of the table leg support cups. It was a staple about 2 inches long.
Once you remove the panel, how do you put it back?
Old 04-26-2017, 11:06 PM   #4

The panel is held on with 4 black head screws. I just reinstalled it.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flhtci2006 View Post
The panel is held on with 4 black head screws. I just reinstalled it.
My panel is probably stapled on from the back. No screws, so once I remove it, I don't know how to put it back.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #6

Should be a wood frame there you can screw into.