Old 07-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
jbj

AK2612 Feedback

Hi everybody. Long time lurker, first time poster.

First of all, let me say thanks for all the help so far. You may not know that you've helped me, but this forum is a wealth of information.

I have been doing a TON of research for out first toy hauler. Other than a Fleetwood pop up I had many moons ago. The Stealth AK2612 really seems to be perfect for what we are looking for. We really like the built in external kitchen. I don't think this model is even listed on their website, but I just bumped in to it cruising the WWW. Seems like it would keep the beer closer to us when we are sitting outside enjoying the outdoors.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anybody out there had any feedback on this RV. It looks like exactly what we need.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #2

I just bought one of these yesterday. Haven't taken delivery yet. I must say, I think this is the best towable toy hauler floor plan out there. The outside kitchen is a bonus and the solar panel kit.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
Retired guy

We are new to RV ing and ATV ing and just bought the 2313. It's great but heavy. Make sure your tow vehicle can handle it. We wound up buying a new Ram diesel which is great but it all adds up. The AK looks awesome with the outdoor kitchen but do you really think you will use it as much as you think you will? Looks like you are sacrificing valuable storage space for that feature. Where do you store all your stuff? Also, I noticed it doesn't have a walk around bed. Believe me, that is one of the best features of a forward bedroom. You will be do happy with that. And finally the solar feature is amazing. I can't imagine any new RV without it. Just make sure to add a second battery and power hitch. My two cents. No matter what you get you will love it. Have fun!
Old 07-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
jbj

Hey guys. I have to admit, I'm a little concerned about the weight. I have a F-150 with the Ecoboost. It's rated for 11,300, but......

I am not too worried about storage. There is a ton of inside the trailer. Not to mention, the entire bed of my truck.

I wish somebody around here had one to look at. I think we are gonna wait for the RV show this January and hope they have one there.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
Fulltime family RVer

What can I tow?

Total towing capacity is just one of the numbers that you need to look at when deciding if you can tow setting and stay within your ratings. Typically, you run out of payload before anything else. How much payload capacity that you have is largely dictated by the options that are ordered. The new F150s are boasting some really impressive numbers, depending on options of course.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
jbj

I think this toy hauler might be a bit much for my truck. Perhaps it's time to get that F-250. The Stealth has a empty tongue weight of 1100lbs.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #7

I hope my 2012 f150 4x4 with 3.73 gears can tie the ak2612.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #8
jbj

From what I understand. In my picture, the total amount of weight I can put in/on the truck is 1265 lbs. With an empty tongue weight of just over 1100 lbs, that only leaves me 165 lbs of to put in my truck. Including people, fuel, gear, and everything else.

The question is, would getting tires for a 3/4 ton make a difference? That particular sticker seems to aimed at the tire loading. If not, I am SOL with my F-150 and that trailer.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #9

Since I haven't taken delivery of mine yet I am planning on putting the Firestone airbag kit on my f150. This will help the load. What type of truck do you have now?
Old 07-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #10
Retired guy

I had a 2011 Silverado LTZ 1500 Z-71 4x4 with 3.43 gears and tow package. The truck struggled to tow my 2313 so I added the Firestone airbags and put on 10 ply tires which you really need. Both helped but it was clear to me after our maiden voyage that the truck itself was still under powered to tow the trailer and everything else with it. So I traded it in for a new 2500 Ram diesel and the difference is like night and day. Your F-150 should handle it but you will have to really watch it on hills and manually shift your auto transmission. It can get scary if it's more than an 8% grade. If you keep your truck upgrade to 10 ply tires, it helps stabilize sway. What you have now are probably factory 4 ply tires like I had on m Chevy. And If you want a deal on the Firestone Airbags let me know and I can sell you mine at a good price. Only used once and less than a month old. lol :-)