Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2015, 05:06 PM   #1

considering a Stealth 1913

Good afternoon. My name is Brian and I am new to this forum. I'm hoping to get everyone's opinions/thoughts on a toy hauler I'm considering. My wife and I are considering a purchase of a Stealth 1913. This will be our first toy hauler. I'll be using it to transport motorcycles for track days along with dirt bikes for several day trips. It will mostly be just me, the wife and our 1 dog using it. Also, I will be pulling it with my 2015 ford f150 2.7 ecoboost.

Questions I had for other owners. How do you like the stealth 1913? Any problems/issues I should be aware of? Would the 1913 be a good hauler to start with or should I go bigger?

All responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Brian
brian_vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:03 PM   #2

I would probably go at least 21ft toy hauler. My first trailer was a 19ft and I sold it within a year after buying it.
Also you might look into the ones with the front bedroom. Makes the camping experience so much better.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:47 PM   #3

We started out looking at the 1913, but ended up going to the WA2313. We figured it was worth going a little bigger in order to get the front bedroom. Ours has the north/south bed so you can walk completely around it.

I don't know what your tow rating is on the 2.7, but the GVWR on the WA2313 is #9900. We don't haul toys in ours, just regular camp gear...firewood, mountain bikes, 20-30 gallons water, etc. and our weight is between #7200-7600. Tongue weight is between #900-1000.

'17 F350 STX 6.7 CCSB
'15 Stealth 2313
stealthWA2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:55 PM   #4

I've got one. Bought new, first ever RV, and I will tell you that the first year is absolute hell. You'll find things that are broken, door knobs are loose, blinds bind up on the valance, and your microwave may fall out of it's mounting location. You'll be angry at the money you spent, and think about selling it to buy a $3000 trailer from Craigslist. Use the crap out of your warranty with GiantRV and don't let them keep your coach longer than you feel is reasonable. Take your new RV out each month - even if you have to drop it off at the dealer on the way home and even if that happens each month for the first year... This is what I had to do.

Once you've paid this "New RV penalty" - you'll find that the 1913 is quite simply an amazing little trailer. We load two quads and a long weekends worth of gear and tow it behind a 6.2L GMC 1500. It's great. Takes 20 minutes to set up and tear down, VERY easy to maneuver through parking lots and tight campgrounds and we always get the most sarcastic comments about our power awning from our friends without one.

We looked at the 2313, but to us the 1913 felt 'bigger' - since there's no wall in the middle. We've slept 7 people, and had more than that inside playing cards on a rainy day.

I've made a couple of upgrades - the best was a memory foam mattress. It has very little motion transfer and feels just like home after a long day on the quads or on the beer. The other was a Fantastic Fan with a remote control. I'm not tall enough to reach the manual vent crank and we were using the end of a broom handle to open/close the vent. Perhaps not an issue for you, but the fan has been a huge benefit for us.

My wishlist is small - the outside storage compartment is smaller than I'd like it to be, and there's only one. To keep as much room as possible available in the bin, I added a 6x6 vinyl fence post under the trailer frame to store flags, flagpoles and sewer hoses (with caps on both ends). Anything else goes behind the quads. Both fit with plenty of room to access the bathroom and bed from the side door in case we need to stop somewhere and use either. The girlfriend wishes there was more counter-space, but it's never stopped her from cooking some amazing camping meals.

All in all, it's a really good unit.

'21 GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax, '22 Genesis Vortex 3219VXL and many years as a happy FR Stealth 1913 owner... which is why I'm still here
vocoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:31 AM   #5

We've had our 2016 SS1913 since June. Have had many of the same issues mentioned above. The microwave falling out was definitely not one I expected. I made the repairs myself (really bad experience with RV repair work from my previous dealer). Still need to repair the drawers. The latching mechanism does not work. We, too, added a memory foam mattress top and we always comment that our bed in the TH is more comfortable than the one in our bedroom. The 1913 definitely seems more spacious than other models. We do mostly all dry camping so the 100 gallons of water and 200w solar panels are a huge benefit. Ours also came with a genny and all LED lighting. Rarely do we run the generator but it's there if we need it.
ifish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #6

The 2313 dry tongue weight is 1084 lb how do get it down to 700-800lbs with any water in tank?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Stealth13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:35 PM   #7

I was looking at the 19 at first, then bought a 2313. Love it so far! Minor learning items, but a great hauler so far.

2016-present nights camped: Too many to count
Bigb49 is offline   Reply With Quote