Old 02-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #31

Got initial response from lippert today rejecting warranty repair. Have phone call next week with forest river and lippert. Wow two year old trailer under warranty denied with 6 cracks in frame that go all the way through the frame.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #32

What a bunch of bs. Lippert what a freakin joke they are.

2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #33

Now I am formulating how to proceed. With this cracking it would seem to me selling my trailer would be next to impossible once I disclose problem. This trailer is 2 years old and wrecked. I will be talking to my insurance agent and my attorney. I am amazed that I am talking with lippert in the first place. When I take my dodge in for warranty work I never talk to cummins
Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #34

I suppose no one should be surprised to hear that Lippert won't stand behind the quality of their product. They are so vital to the RV industry, (as how do you replace your only frame supplier overnight), that they just thumb their noses at the poor saps who have to put up with their garbage products. That would be us.

When I look at the frame under my fifth, I just cringe. And I am always waiting for the pin box to rip right out! Maybe I should have bought another brand? Anyone know who makes the frames for the Cougars?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #35

Surprised there have been no class action suits considering safety aspects If anyone has any information or ideas I would be very appreciative
Old 03-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #36

My latest conversation wad with lippert insinuating I had overloaded trailer and they were not covering damage. Then the rep said would call back with forest river rep and discuss the decision. No call but now I have received email asking for more photos and for the weight of the trailer. Will see what happens next
Old 03-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #37

Latest update.

Just spoke to head of warranty and continue to get upsetting feedback. I purchased for cash my RV two years ago and purchased an extended warranty all from Forest River. Now Forest River's response is they purchase trailers from Lippert and they engineer and construct trailer for Forest River and that Lippert has the final say. Now I have a Dodge ton truck and 30,000 miles in I had a turbo problem and I went to Dodge not to Cummins and of course it was all covered by warranty.

I believe if any of you out there have a Forest River Unit or Considering purchasing one I urge you to consider the problems I am having. This unit is two years old.

My recent conversation with Lippert indicated that I had overloaded trailer and that I am responsible.

Next I received an email from Forest River asking me to weigh trailer and also to include even more photos than the dealer that has already submitted. Dry weight of the trailer indicated on trailer sticker is 8,136 lbs. I weighed it empty but had black water, pots, pans and some fuel in fuel station. Also it should be noted that I have remove all tables and the rear bed and mattress. The unit weighed 8,800lbs. Next I loaded the trailer with my quad and also flled the water tank which I never do while traveling,. The unit weighed 10,750. Max gross weight as indicated on their sticker is 11,997. Now when I travel at most I would have 30 to 50 gallons of water. So I have more than convinced myself that I have never overloaded trailer.

This is leaving me very perplexed this trailer has never been off road and never overloaded. I have a warranty with Forest River but they have no responsibility for the trailer....This is not right.... Now I have a unit with 3 cracks on both sides of the RV and I can't even use it now.

I think first everyone should check their units for cracks and I think if you are in the market for an RV you better keep your eyes open if it is Forest River with a Lippert frame or any RV with a Lippert Frame.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #38

Has anyone ever had a good experience with Lippert?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #39

I'll keep you posted. My extended warranty was offered and accepted by with forest river. It does not mention lippert. I will keep pursuing this will keep you posted
Old 03-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #40

got the answer from lippert and they informed me that I must of have overloaded trailer and hit pot holes. to be fair there was small dimpling in the bottom web of the ibeam where it had contacted the ubolt. wow never have been off road and never had hit pot holes. have traveled a lot on california highways. Gave them weight ticket receipts loaded and unloaded. on the loaded weight put my quad in and had roughly 40 gallons of water and partially loaded black water. this is the most weight i have had and i was way under max weight. so denial of warranty. this will be the las forest river trailer and certainly i will go out of my way to make clear to everyone my experience with forest river and lippert frames. hope none of you out there have your rv devalued as i have because it is not designed to travel on roads in the west. i have put thousands of miles on other trailers and never seen anything like this

« Ss1812 | Rhino »