Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
soccerloco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: smith nevada
Posts: 100
Should have all repairs done this week. My trailer guy has got a plan and it makes sense and is not terribly expensive. He noted that the overall condition of the frame is good and it is his thought this is strictly a torsion issue from turning the trailer. Nothing to do with overloading or pot hole strikes as mentioned by Lippert. I think this is the best course and look forward to getting on with RV life and fun. YOu all keep checking your rigs for cracks or bad welds.

I must say after getting the estimate to repair it would have been in Forest River's and Lipperts's best interest to have generated good customer relations rather than me having to rant and rave about this situation. As soon as I know exactly what the repairs cost are I will pass that information on. I can only guess the reason for their reluctance is there must be more problems and acceptance of responsibility could creat further legal problems.
__________________

__________________
soccerloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #62
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerloco View Post
Should have all repairs done this week. My trailer guy has got a plan and it makes sense and is not terribly expensive. He noted that the overall condition of the frame is good and it is his thought this is strictly a torsion issue from turning the trailer. Nothing to do with overloading or pot hole strikes as mentioned by Lippert. I think this is the best course and look forward to getting on with RV life and fun. YOu all keep checking your rigs for cracks or bad welds.

I must say after getting the estimate to repair it would have been in Forest River's and Lipperts's best interest to have generated good customer relations rather than me having to rant and rave about this situation. As soon as I know exactly what the repairs cost are I will pass that information on. I can only guess the reason for their reluctance is there must be more problems and acceptance of responsibility could creat further legal problems.
Good luck my phriend and have phun this summer !

Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
Good to hear, soccerloco.
Yes, if Lippert admitted to you that their frames are defective and poorly engineered, they would have to fix all of them.
Much cheaper to just ignore their mistakes and blow off all of their customers.
Who the heck owns Lippert anyway?
If I were them, I would be ashamed of my company.
__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
Good to hear, soccerloco.
Yes, if Lippert admitted to you that their frames are defective and poorly engineered, they would have to fix all of them.
Much cheaper to just ignore their mistakes and blow off all of their customers.
Who the heck owns Lippert anyway?
If I were them, I would be ashamed of my company.
It's a dang shame they're getting away with this nonsense.
__________________
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
soccerloco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: smith nevada
Posts: 100
Truly forest river is their customer and they are the responsible part. I bought RV from them and paid for an extended warranty. I have a Dodge truck with a cummins motor when warranty work is done on motor I go to Dodge. Apparently this how Forest River does buiness. I can't imagine hanging one of your customers out to dry.
__________________
soccerloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
soccerloco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: smith nevada
Posts: 100
picked up trailer and got bill $1075. Includes repairing cracks adding new cross memeber to stabilize tandem wheel area and it looks great. Leaving for a trip this morning,..,.will shoot some photos when I return and will update you all everything is working....Forest River and Lippert certainly for good customer service and particularly in light of the fact I had a warranty could have split this bill and I would have been complimenting and encouraging folks to be dealing with these people but no that left me hanging.
__________________
soccerloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #67
RV Newbie
 
buzzards27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hinckley, Ohio
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerloco View Post
picked up trailer and got bill $1075. Includes repairing cracks adding new cross memeber to stabilize tandem wheel area and it looks great. Leaving for a trip this morning,..,.will shoot some photos when I return and will update you all everything is working....Forest River and Lippert certainly for good customer service and particularly in light of the fact I had a warranty could have split this bill and I would have been complimenting and encouraging folks to be dealing with these people but no that left me hanging.
Send the bill to both of them and demand payment in full. If you can have your welder write a findings report to include.
__________________
2005 FR Lexington 210 6.0L 8500 miles
2007 2500 Silverado Ext. Cab, 6.5' bed 5.7L
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
1963 Ford 861 5 speed with loader
1958 Ford 800 Select-O-Speed (parts tractor)
buzzards27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #68
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post

Send the bill to both of them and demand payment in full. If you can have your welder write a findings report to include.
X2
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #69
MI Camperz
 
bodzcampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,640
Ditto. Now that you have her up and running, you have time to pursue a formal paperwork trail. By the time it gets to small claims, you can enjoy many camping trips.
__________________
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #70
RV Newbie
 
buzzards27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hinckley, Ohio
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Ditto. Now that you have her up and running, you have time to pursue a formal paperwork trail. By the time it gets to small claims, you can enjoy many camping trips.
Yep, now that you have quantified their liablity they might be more reasonable, especially if your welder's observations contradict their bs excuses.
__________________

__________________
2005 FR Lexington 210 6.0L 8500 miles
2007 2500 Silverado Ext. Cab, 6.5' bed 5.7L
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
1963 Ford 861 5 speed with loader
1958 Ford 800 Select-O-Speed (parts tractor)
buzzards27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Ss1812 | Rhino »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.