Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #81
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerloco View Post
This is one of the reasons lippert denied my claim stating the water tanks were not baffled and hauling water would create torsional stress on frame. Yet my forest river operational guide indicates you can. crazy
Have you had any replies from other owners with similar problems? It will make a huge difference if more people would report similar issues.

Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #82
MI Camperz

Similar issues are all over the web.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #83
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Let me know what you use Was going to 1/4 wall thickness 1 1/2 angle but maybe it's not heavy enough. Can you believe 3/16 wall thickness that's crap
From a design standpoint, use the 3/16 wall, but increase the vertical leg height as much as possible. That's what gives the strength. If nothing else, get a pc of 1/8 or 3/16 x 3 or 4 flat strap and strip weld it to the side of the angle.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #84
MI Camperz

I hope you pursue this in court...small claims would yield your repair cost. I cant see how you could lose. You have a warranty that includes the frame. You have a manual that states you can carry water. You have data on your weights being within limits. You have stuff all over the internet about this problem. Time for fr to be accountable. Maybe then they will demand better from the frame gods lippert.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #85
Dallas Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
I hope you pursue this in court...small claims would yield your repair cost. I cant see how you could lose. You have a warranty that includes the frame. You have a manual that states you can carry water. You have data on your weights being within limits. You have stuff all over the internet about this problem. Time for fr to be accountable. Maybe then they will demand better from the frame gods lippert.

x2.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #86

Great info yes I think a small claims action might work. Yes I have many posts on the Internet about lippert frames. No one has contacted me that has had a similar problem although, I am sure there out there. Don't know how many people turn to the Internet. Would like to solve my water tank support problem but also have an easy time removing tanks if necessary
Old 03-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #87

Quote:
Let me know what you use Was going to 1/4 wall thickness 1 1/2 angle but maybe it's not heavy enough. Can you believe 3/16 wall thickness that's crap
I looked tonight to see what I should do and discovered that my tanks are held up by more than just straps. On each side of the tanks, I have two separate fresh water tanks by the way. There is a lip that's is out on each side of the tanks that come down about six inches from the top and stick out about two inches on each side that sits inside c-channel on each side. So the straps just help hold the middle. So the way it looks to me they aren't going any where. Yours may be the same way not sure but I had looked before and now just noticed after looking really close. I did although move the straps out all the way to the ends as they were not and I was able to move them about two inches out further which will help support somewhat more. Here is a pic it was kinda hard to get a good pic but you can kinda see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1228228087.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	26494  
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #88

Quote:
That is heavy duty compared to the 1/8 inch tin they use to make the main frame so-called I-beams out of. Now that is pathetic!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #89

Quote:
This is one of the reasons lippert denied my claim stating the water tanks were not baffled and hauling water would create torsional stress on frame.
"torsional" stress............hmmmm..........
Seems that they like to use big words that they don't even understand the meaning of.
And if the main frame of a camper cannot withstand a few pounds of force from a bit of water sloshing around, just how cheap are they designing these things?
All they are doing is making fools of themselves.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #90
MI Camperz

Right. Same with their claim that he must have "hit a pothole". Really?
Driving a recreational vehicle? Their arguments are ridiculous and any judge, or jury, would see that they are trying to blame him, without merit, and not accept accountability.

« Ss1812 | Rhino »