Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2017, 06:46 PM   #1

D-Ring Load Rating

I have a 2017 Stealth WA2916 and plan to take it out on its maiden voyage next month. I plan to load one or maybe two Harley's (Ultra Classic and Dyna Wide Glide). I purchased a portable winch to load and off-load the bikes, mine weighs close to 1000 pounds. MY QUESTION is does anyone know the load rating of the D-rings mounted in the floor? I'm told they are all attached to the frame (at least they should be...), but will a single D-ring be good enough as an anchor point for the portable winch? I heard they are good for 5,000 pounds, but...

Thanks
*Couple of Harley's
DWBOGGS142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:49 AM   #2

d rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBOGGS142 View Post
I have a 2017 Stealth WA2916 and plan to take it out on its maiden voyage next month. I plan to load one or maybe two Harley's (Ultra Classic and Dyna Wide Glide). I purchased a portable winch to load and off-load the bikes, mine weighs close to 1000 pounds. MY QUESTION is does anyone know the load rating of the D-rings mounted in the floor? I'm told they are all attached to the frame (at least they should be...), but will a single D-ring be good enough as an anchor point for the portable winch? I heard they are good for 5,000 pounds, but...

Thanks
my dealer told me 2500lbs. per tie down..mine is a 27 foot stealth toy hauler in 2017.all of them are the same,i have a Harley also and that would hold it very good.
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:02 AM   #3

Can't you just ride it in?
Old 02-22-2017, 10:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Can't you just ride it in?

Not everyone is comfortable with riding a bike in/out of a toy hauler. Backing (riding) my adventure bike (600+ lbs) out gets my attention every time. It is tall and the transition from the ramp to the ground is with my feet up to a foot off the ground. Not always a great feeling when you are going backwards.

I would love to see a system that works with one person loading/unloading. Just don't think a winch will work for me as I need momentum for that ramp/ground transition. Now, if there is a way to turn the bike in the trailer by lifting it somehow without screwing up the floor, I would be really interested.

Mark
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
Not everyone is comfortable with riding a bike in/out of a toy hauler. Backing (riding) my adventure bike (600+ lbs) out gets my attention every time. It is tall and the transition from the ramp to the ground is with my feet up to a foot off the ground. Not always a great feeling when you are going backwards.

I would love to see a system that works with one person loading/unloading. Just don't think a winch will work for me as I need momentum for that ramp/ground transition. Now, if there is a way to turn the bike in the trailer by lifting it somehow without screwing up the floor, I would be really interested.

Mark
Not knowing the size of your garage area (length & width), but take a look in Harbor Freight for the Low Profile Motorcycle Dolly. After loading onto the dolly, you 'might' be able to turn it around and then unload from the dolly. You notice, I said 'might', all depends if you have enough room to spin it around.

I can understand people having concerns of riding in and especially out of the toy haulers with heavy and expensive bikes. Sometimes the heeby geebies can get to ya.
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBOGGS142 View Post

Thanks
This was my solution to mounting a winch so I could pull my jet ski in, see the bottom posts on this page.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-117065-2.html

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 01:27 PM   #7

I would not assume that the D-Ring mount screws are in the frame. Not long after I got my 2014 Stealth I found my motorcycle lying down after the D-Ring had pulled the screws out of the floor. This was the 1st row of D-Rings nearest the kitchen. They were all screwed into the floor, not the frame, due to the location of the water tanks. I installed new 5000 lb rated rings. You might want to take a close look at yours.