Old 09-14-2015, 08:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori View Post
Thanks for that attachment. Lots of good info there. I don't know if i called the right place, but i called the first place that showed "Stealth" a 909# and left a message for "Robbie" Appears he's a service manager at a dealer in Rialto, so i'm not sure he's who i need to talk to or not, but maybe he will get back to me with at least some advise.

Is there a different number i should be calling ?

Anyway, the axle tag shows these are 3500# axles. Seems a tad light for a rig that starts out at 6111# dry. Hopefully the powers that be will recognize they installed the wrong axles and take care of it.
I don't understand FR and their axle rating thoughts. We have a 2608ws that has a listed dry weight of 5680# and a max weight of 6670 and the trailer has 2-3000# axles. They list 580# tongue and 920# cargo. Doesn't matter what you do when you load it it's impossible to stay under the 6000# limit of the axles. We add weight to the trailer axles as soon as we set the weight bars up. Go figure. Im installing 3500# axles just for my own safety and peice of mind.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:21 PM   #12

Couldn't agree more. I've got a couple of 3500# axles i'd like to trade out for 5,000#

The guy from the Rialto dealer called me back tonite. He tells me my model came with 3500# axles. Blabbers on about how thats how they built them for years and years up until recently. (which only tells me it took them way to long to pull their heads from their asses and realize how underbuilt they make them..... but i digress....) And he then asks how big the overload block is on top of the axle. "mine doesn't have any block" is say......."there is no room for it" There is only 1.5" between the axle tube and the I beam frame. You can see where it's been contacting the frame in fact. He then changes his story and says "well not all got that....."
Anyway, he was nice enough to talk to, but basically i'm screwed with replacing at the very least my springs, but really should be slipping new axles underneath.

Doing some math,..... 5455 unloaded, + 1,000 for two motorcycles, + propane, water, generator, fuel in the fuel station.. gear, clothes, dishes, and crap i bet i'm at 8k. And that's IF i don't have the 100 gal. water tank that the paperwork says i have- which contradicts the data sticker that indicates weight of only 50 gal.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. I've got a couple of 3500# axles i'd like to trade out for 5,000#

The guy from the Rialto dealer called me back tonite. He tells me my model came with 3500# axles. Blabbers on about how thats how they built them for years and years up until recently. (which only tells me it took them way to long to pull their heads from their asses and realize how underbuilt they make them..... but i digress....) And he then asks how big the overload block is on top of the axle. "mine doesn't have any block" is say......."there is no room for it" There is only 1.5" between the axle tube and the I beam frame. You can see where it's been contacting the frame in fact. He then changes his story and says "well not all got that....."
Anyway, he was nice enough to talk to, but basically i'm screwed with replacing at the very least my springs, but really should be slipping new axles underneath.

Doing some math,..... 5455 unloaded, + 1,000 for two motorcycles, + propane, water, generator, fuel in the fuel station.. gear, clothes, dishes, and crap i bet i'm at 8k. And that's IF i don't have the 100 gal. water tank that the paperwork says i have- which contradicts the data sticker that indicates weight of only 50 gal.
Somehow I missed that part about what TRAILER do you have?

We have a non FR toy hauler rated at 5300 dry and 7350 Max with 2 3500 lb axles. Except when the drum broke at the spindle, rubbing is the only problem I have not had.

Looking at a FR product so I have been here to learn.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:45 AM   #14

I thought that was clear in my first post... FSL0119 but the guy at the RV place on the phone says SS22-16
<------- Either way, see my avitar

Either way, rubbing thru the fender well, and fender trim is not on my wish list.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:04 AM   #15
Just a member

Quote:
Either way, rubbing thru the fender well, and fender trim is not on my wish list.
Tori, for the record, how about some pictures? Especially if this issue is as common as has been premised.
)
kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 03:20 AM   #16

Will get some pics in the AM
Old 09-15-2015, 12:13 PM   #17

For your viewing pleasure. The last one i've included to show how the tires stick out from the body. Almost as if the axles were too wide for the body.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2(1).JPG
Views:	49
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	88750   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	88751   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	88752   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	88753   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1(1).JPG
Views:	52
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	88754  

Old 09-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #18

Oh wow that is crazy. And both sides doing this, correct? I gotta say this is the first I've personally seen of this issue.
2014 Brute Force 300 (daughters)
2016 Days Camped: 22
Check Us Out On YOUTUBE!!
PolarisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #19
Mod free 5er

Easiest thing to do would be to mount the springs on top of the axles by just adding spring perches to the top of the axles.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:09 PM   #20

Yes, both sides doing this but left side is worse.

I do not want to do an axle flip as i do not want the 4-5" of lift it will give. That will be too much.

Tags
tire, tires