Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #1

fuel station problems

we have a 2011 stealth, and we have been having issues with the fuel station not working. first we thought it was the heat but then yesterday it was cooler so we tried it out again, we got it to turn on and pump gas but then it burned a fuse, we changed the fuse and it burnt out another fuse. Anyone had this happen or have any ideas?
michelleroldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
2011 Forest River Stealth

On your pump there is 4 bolts. Losten them up a little and try the pump to see if it works. If it does try this.

I to have a 2011 Stealth. The problem I had was the two gears in the pump expanded causing it not to work. (has to do with the gas)

What I did to fix it: On the bottom side of your pump there is 4 bolts. Unscrew them there will be 2 gears, they just pull right out, shave approx. 1/16th of an inch off each gear. (I used a belt sander) Clean them and reinstall. There is a wedge pin that goes on 1 of the gears, make sure you reinstall it too. Replace 4 bolts and you are good.

I called the pump MFG. up. They were aware of this problem. They also said all the new pumps have been corrected. I explained what I did, he said I shouldnt have any other problems with it.

Good Luck
rwtdct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #3

same issue here, I actually got new gears as a rebuild kit for my pump and its been working fine. Simple to replace and came with new seals.

rwdct idea should work just fine also.
dcompton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #4

I have a 2012 Sk2112 that I just had the same problem with the FS, thanks for the idea I will try it. Question is, if the mfg knew this was a problem why didn't they recall these pumps. FR should pressure there suppliers to provide them (us) with good equipment. I had a Broken leaf spring, D ring problems, shower leaks, the fuse box cover panel falling off and a host of smaller issues. Wondering if I made the right decision in purchasing FR.
firstkatmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkatmandu View Post
I have a 2012 Sk2112 that I just had the same problem with the FS, thanks for the idea I will try it. Question is, if the mfg knew this was a problem why didn't they recall these pumps. FR should pressure there suppliers to provide them (us) with good equipment. I had a Broken leaf spring, D ring problems, shower leaks, the fuse box cover panel falling off and a host of smaller issues. Wondering if I made the right decision in purchasing FR.
I believe all trailer manufactures use the same brand pump.

First off sorry to here about your little mishaps. The same mishaps you are having come with all Manufactures. A person just hopes it isn't them. I am on my second trailer. I have had several things happen to both. I just fix it myself, this way I know it done right. The bigger things (leaf spring) I would take to the dealer.

All trailer, auto, boat, motorcycle etc. manufactures have there own issues. So don't second guess your self on making the right choice. Nobody wants to be the one with the problem trailer, sometimes it just happens.

I hope everything works out for you.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #6

Just called GPI the fuel pump manufacturers this morning. Explained that my fuel station pump was blowing fuses. He asked for the serial number on the pump and when I explained the unit was in storage and I'd have to call back he said he would just send me a new pump. These people are definitely back on my Christmas card list. Good to know there are companies still out there that stand behind there products.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #7

Update on fuel station problems. Still waiting for my replacement pump. Went over to the storage yard this morning and replaced the fuse. Pump worked and I pumped out all of the gas in the tank to my truck. This morning it is 66 degrees. When the pump was blowing the fuses we were up near Bishop, CA and it was 110 degrees. Sounds as if the temp. may have a bearing on the problem.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #8

Yes it may be overheating. Call the manufacturer of the pump. They are great and will send out another one to you.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #9

Yes, did that about 3 weeks ago, got my replacement pump yesterday. I believe the problem was the heat. We were the Sierra's and it was over 100 degrees when it quit working. Last week I replaced the fuse and it ran fine, the temp was low 70's. Hope they solved the problem with the ne pump they sent. May keep it as a back up and try hanging a baggy full of ice if the old one acts up and see what happens before I wrench the new one in.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #10
Retired guy

Just noticed this post. We have 2013 Stealth 2313. Only had it about 5 months and haven't used the fuel station yet although we will be using it in the Nevada desert next week. My problem is the fuel gauge shows empty after I filled the 20 gal tank. Did you experience anything similar when you were replacing fuses?
Thanks
Big Dog 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #11

Trying to think back when I was having the problem. I think it was blowing the fuse as well. The fuel station company, I believe GPS sent me a new pump. Look on the pump and get their name. You can look them up on the net. My pump had a date sticker that told the warranty date which I was well within. Get the model and serial number when your underneath the unit as they might ask you for the info.

I didn't put the pump in as yet. When I was experiencing the problem it was in the desert and it was over 100 degrees. Since then I was able to use the fuel station to pump the tank when I got home. The temp was 65 degrees. I suspect the pump seizes with heat. Not sure if the gauge was working or not when I was experiencing the fuse problem.

Good luck.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #12

No issues here with the gauge not working.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #13

I'm having a hard time locating the fuse for the fuel station on my 2011Forest River Stealth FS 2612. It doesn't appear to be in the fuse panel inside. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where the fuse is located?
Thanks.
Coreygoforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:10 PM   #14

Repaired gears but now the issue is power to pump. When I turn on fuel timer switch and measure voltage at pump the measurement starts around 10 volts and quickly drops from there. Unplugged pump control timer and at the plug there is a full 12 volts. If there is an inline fuse that has blown there would be no voltage at the pump I think. Could the pump control timer be bad affecting downstream voltage? Help
soccerloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #15

Help if anyone knows location of inline fuse for fuel station for a stealth lx3112.......help!!! Bb
soccerloco is offline   Reply With Quote