Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2015, 04:22 PM   #21

I do it exactly like Campster explained it. If I feel like I need to fill the Black tank up full to dump I leave the tank valves closed and push the flush valve down on the toilet and put a piece of wood in it to keep it flushing while looking at the tank gauges continuously and using a flashlight shining it down in the toilet to make sure nothing goes wrong. I never leave the interior of the rig until I am ready to pull the tank valve. So far so good. I did run over the bath sink once the plug was in and I started filling the gray to dump , Thank GOD I was in the trailer when I heard water flowing over OMG it was the bathroom sink the plug was in the drain when I started filling. Whew!!!! caught it real quick sopped it up
with a towel and no problem. OH well s--t happens.
#1-18' Nomad #2- 20' Mallard #3- 27' Sunline #4- Four Winds C #5- Innsbruck 40' PARK # 6- 28' Amerilite #7- Forest River 26.5 FW ( 1st FW)
SULTINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #22

Back and forth flushing while looking at the tank gauges continuously and using a flashlight shining in to make sure nothing goes wrong? What could go wrong;o)
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:14 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
master. That seams odd. Wonder why they did that.
My Black Tank Flush hookup is also on the opposite side,,,
on our 2013 Sunseeker,,, used it once in the driveway,,, water ran clear !!!

For years with our 05 Flagstaff I used a toilet flush wand,,,
It always flushed out some Bad stuff !!!

May try that some day with the Sunseeker,,,
just to see what comes out ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #24

Quote:
Back and forth flushing while looking at the tank gauges continuously and using a flashlight shining in to make sure nothing goes wrong? What could go wrong;o)
"Depends how many Burgers, BBQ and beers I consumed. Guess nothing is 100%." I could drop the flashlight down the toilet opening. What a trip that would be?
#1-18' Nomad #2- 20' Mallard #3- 27' Sunline #4- Four Winds C #5- Innsbruck 40' PARK # 6- 28' Amerilite #7- Forest River 26.5 FW ( 1st FW)
Old 07-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynlisa5 View Post
We just bought our first Toy Hauler a 2014 Stealth WA2313. Just coming from our first trip out and trying to dump the grey & black. We got both tanks emptied but can't figure out how to use the black tank flush? So, we flushed the toilet several times until the black tank ran clear. Does anyone know how to use the black tank flush?
Thank you in advance..
Mine has two fresh water connections the forward is tank flush when I hook to it I turn water and let it run while dumping and till runs clear. Then put about 3 - 4 gallons of water in black water tank to slosh around while going to next CG.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:08 AM   #26
Georgia Rally Coordinator

On mine there are 3 hose connections with each one marked so you know which is city water, Winterization, and black tank flush. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
My Black Tank Flush hookup is also on the opposite side,,,
on our 2013 Sunseeker,,, used it once in the driveway,,, water ran clear !!!

For years with our 05 Flagstaff I used a toilet flush wand,,,
It always flushed out some Bad stuff !!!

May try that some day with the Sunseeker,,,
just to see what comes out ???
Sorry. "Used it once in the driveway... water ran clear" You dumped the black while the RV was in the drive way and the black tank flush worked as expected?
Old 07-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
On mine there are 3 hose connections with each one marked so you know which is city water, Winterization, and black tank flush. Later RJD
Same as mine.

The top is fresh water, middle is anti freeze(winterization) and the bottom is the flush. I connect a shut off to the end of the hose to control the water flow if I'm a ways away from the faucet.

I also use the wand from inside occasionally. It seems to do the most thorough job of cleaning the tank.

I've been trying to load a pic but something is not letting it post.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:32 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynlisa5 View Post
We did that setup like you described but when we turned the water on it started to leak through our furnace vent in side. Also, we never saw water come from the sewer hose. Do we need to have our water pump or generator on?
We have a 2015 Shockwave and we had the Black Tank flush plumbed backwards. The check valve was reversed and the water was spraying out inside the wall in the batheoom. Then pouring out into the storage basement. Took it in to service at The dealers and they fixed it. Our service writer knew exactly what it was. He said he has seen that problem many times before.
The black flush is a great feature.
barrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #30

So how does one replace/reverse the one way check valve?
Thanks
"Back and forth flushing while looking at the tank gauges continuously and using a flashlight shining in to make sure nothing goes wrong?" Your a hoot SULTINI
Old 07-08-2015, 12:18 AM   #31

Quote:
So how does one replace/reverse the one way check valve?
Thanks
"Back and forth flushing while looking at the tank gauges continuously and using a flashlight shining in to make sure nothing goes wrong?" Your a hoot SULTINI
Well Mike,t.
Our black tank flush pipe work runs upstairs to the bathroom sink cabinet, then runs back down to the black tank. So up under the bathroom sink cabinet is where the check valve is. That is where all the water was leaking from. The dealer literally unclamped the pipe and switched the connection around.
Hope that helps.
barrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:56 AM   #32

Mike T, Let me explain my post. I stated that I do the flush exactly like Campster does in post #2. Then I was done with the auto flush porcedure. Then I went on to explain how I fill my Black tank and then dump it without the built in tank flush. I was just explaining the fill and dump procedure before the auto flush is used. Sorry if I didn't explain it in two separate answers. FYI my auto flush works great. Happy Camping.

PS: I'll bet you liked the piece of wood to keep the toilet flushing.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:57 AM   #33

Quote:
Sorry. "Used it once in the driveway... water ran clear" You dumped the black while the RV was in the drive way and the black tank flush worked as expected?
We had dumped @ a dump station a few days early,,, and then I tried the Black flush @ home,,, I could not flush it @ the dump station because the flush is on the other side,,, MH was almost new then !!! I guess it was working ???
I am planning from here on,,, to do like one guy said,,, I am going to carry some GEO with me,,, so it can be sloshing around while we are on our way home !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:37 AM   #34

barrie. Thanks i'll give that a look.

SULTINI.I was saying to myself that must be a heavy piece off lumber.;o)
Old 06-28-2020, 06:13 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrie1 View Post
We have a 2015 Shockwave and we had the Black Tank flush plumbed backwards. The check valve was reversed and the water was spraying out inside the wall in the batheoom. Then pouring out into the storage basement. Took it in to service at The dealers and they fixed it. Our service writer knew exactly what it was. He said he has seen that problem many times before.
The black flush is a great feature.
Same here, they are still installing them backwards - we have a 2020 Coachmen Spirit and couldn't get the flush to work, dealer said the check valve was backwards.
Glen F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:21 AM   #36
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
We had dumped @ a dump station a few days early,,, and then I tried the Black flush @ home,,, I could not flush it @ the dump station because the flush is on the other side,,, MH was almost new then !!! I guess it was working ???
I am planning from here on,,, to do like one guy said,,, I am going to carry some GEO with me,,, so it can be sloshing around while we are on our way home !!!

Been there done that. It’s your yard and as long as the neighbors do not care/know so be it. bahabaha!

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, black