Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2016, 08:54 AM   #1

New 2515 owner

Bought a new one several weeks ago, and spending the next 4 days camping and making sure everything works. I will be taking a trip to the east coast from California with my daughter in a couple of weeks.

So far, only minor things have been found, except for one of the tie down rings. Who's bright idea was it to use wood screws to hold the rings down? So far one has pulled out already. Going to have to put a temporary larger screw in until I get back to the dealer. This should have bolts, secured in a metal plate underneath. With the artic package, I will let the dealer deal with it.

Mark
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #2

That's odd, the tie downs are supposed to be anchored to frame members so that doesn't happen. I've only had my Ranger in mine once so far with no issues.

Life's too short not to hunt coyotes!
varmintnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:16 PM   #3

New 2515 owner

Mine are screwed through the floor into the steel frame floor joist.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:45 PM   #4

I saw the joist when the ring pulled out, but is it just the joist and nothing near it? And the same for all of them?

The dealer is supposed to fix it for me tomorrow. I did not want to do anything without knowing what is underneath. Mine has the artic package and everything is covered.

The screws from the factory are not long enough to go into the joist.

Mark
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote