Old 03-17-2015, 10:55 AM   #31

BTW all this you can get from etrailer.com= great place and knowledgable staff. I paid like 800 for this set up=well worth it.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:17 PM   #32

We have a 2000 f250 v-10, 85,000 miles. We did put 456gears and airbags on it. It pulls 60-70. Mph no problems. We have the equalizer hitch. No sway. We haul 1 or 2 four wheelers. Love our trailer. We are in Montans so we end up pretty high in the mountains. We only use this truck for towing so I can't justify a brand new truck for towing and I like my Raptor for my driver and my husband likes his AEV Jeep.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:46 PM   #33

Started pulling my 4 seater in forwards and reduced alot of sway. I guess maybe I was overloading the front? Next trip out im going to load her up and swing by the dealer before we head out to have them scale the tongue and see what im running at full. I made some changes to my truck as well so i'll have to read my Equal-i-Zer manual to properly adjust how its set-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cifyacan View Post
We have a 2000 f250 v-10, 85,000 miles. We did put 456gears and airbags on it. It pulls 60-70. Mph no problems. We have the equalizer hitch. No sway. We haul 1 or 2 four wheelers. Love our trailer. We are in Montans so we end up pretty high in the mountains. We only use this truck for towing so I can't justify a brand new truck for towing and I like my Raptor for my driver and my husband likes his AEV Jeep.
My wife and I use our truck only for towing as well and cant justify making payments on a truck that'll sit 10 or so months out of the year...how does the v-10 do on gas while towing yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1220 View Post
I have a 2916 and put a xp4 1000 in it and had a lot of sway as well. I bought the reese cam system and it seems to have decreased this dramatically. I did not even think about putting the xp4 in backwards...I will try that next time as well.
Any verdict on pulling your xp4 in backwards???
Old 06-30-2015, 08:30 AM   #34

The gas mileage isn't great but going camping we are going from 3000 feet elevation to 7500 feet and climbing the whole way there. We camp at the base of the Beartooth pass a lot which is 80 miles from home, about 1 1/2 hours or so. It will use a little more than a 1/2 tank and then 1/4 or less coming home. We usually fill up on the way home since we try to dump before coming back if it's not busy.