Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #81

The owner of the dealership called me back yesterday and he suspects that when he ordered my unit, it must have not been standard equipment. He told me that it must have been very recently added as standard equipment, due to the timing of when he ordered "mine". I received it the first week of January.

How sturdy is your roof when up there for cleaning, etc.?

I have not been on mine yet. He told me that the manufacturer has sent them pictures of 20-30 people on the roof to demonstrate the strength. (not on my list of things to do!) He also told me that they sent him a picture of one with a Jeep on top of it... (also not on my list of things to do!) lol

Billy

2012 Stealth RG3210
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4
2010 Ford F150 Super Crew Lariat 4x4

b1b1das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #82

roof

I have not had a problem with the roof. Seems just fine for me to stand on. All 230Lbs...

jkalafus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #83

jkalafus,

Cool, Thanks!

BTW, ever had any problems with your living room slide out? The DW called me yesterday and told me that when she went to open the slide (after sitting closed for a couple of weeks) it just clicks, like when it is all the in while closing it...

Hmm, have read a few posts that say to try it manually. Hopefully it will "free" it up. It has been connected to shore power the whole time with battery disconnect in the on position, to keep them charged. She also tried it with the generator on...???

2012 Stealth RG3210

Old 03-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1b1das View Post
jkalafus,

Cool, Thanks!

BTW, ever had any problems with your living room slide out? The DW called me yesterday and told me that when she went to open the slide (after sitting closed for a couple of weeks) it just clicks, like when it is all the in while closing it...

Hmm, have read a few posts that say to try it manually. Hopefully it will "free" it up. It has been connected to shore power the whole time with battery disconnect in the on position, to keep them charged. She also tried it with the generator on...???
Talked the DW through manually rolling the slide out. She turned it a couple of turns, then went inside and pushed the button. It worked fine. She then went back under and sprayed the rails, gears, etc... with lube.

All is well again!

2012 Stealth RG3210

Old 03-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #85

Picked up my RG3210 and have a few questions. How do you turn the lights on up front on the cap and what are the 2 switches by the fire ext? Everything overall was good just a few minor detail issues the dealer is going to take care of. I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Ponce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #86

Hey Ponce, congratulations! The switch for the lights are in the forward most compartment on the door side. Inside the compartment, it is in the front. As for the switches, mine has a battery cut off switch by the fire extinguisher. We are enjoying ours on our first trip now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-139232535.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	10863

Have fun, I'll answer any questions I can...

Billy

2012 Stealth RG3210

Old 03-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #87

Thank You Billy the switch is right where you said it would be. The other two are for the heated tanks i think. Where at in S. Texas are you camping? Also where did you buy your stealth i have a buddy in San Antonio who is interested in one. Thanks
Ponce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #88

Ponce, we are in New Braunfels. I must say, we have had zero problems on the "maiden voyage". I purchased our stealth at Colonia Del Rey in Corpus Christi. Your buddy should check them out. They will not be beat on pricing. I don't have heated belly or tanks, that explains it! Lol

Billy

2012 Stealth RG3210

Old 03-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #89

We just got back from another week out. Almost a year now and not much to complain about. On this last trip we had our microwave stop working, but the convection works. Also, the DVD player shows a dual image and the fuel pump(fuel station) outside has a dead spot...

Oh, if you use a cable TV hook up, don't turn on the antenna amplifier in the master bedroom.

Still love the rig!
jkalafus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #90

Just came back from a 4000 mile trip from Canada to Mesa and back. Trailer pulled great, no swaying or tail slapping like a tag trailer likes to do. Inside edge ribs of rear tires worn off on 100 degreees of the tire, and healthy looking on the other 260 degrees of the rotation. Front tire are worn nice. Trailer brakes were never set that tight that they ever lockup. I prefer to let the Jake brake slow this down. Anybody have this issue?? Almost looks like a cheap tire that is delaminating.. Rear of trailer was loaded with 1900 pounds worth of Harleys. trailer sits nice and level as the dealer set it up to do. Trailer and tires now has 9000 miles on it, with 90% of that on the I-15 @ 70 MPH.
bigronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #91

Well, after another four day weekend in the rig, we still love it! BTW, if you ever get a chance to go camping in the hill country of Texas, you should check out Guadalupe River RV Resort in Kerrville. That place was awesome!

Just as Big Ronnie said, the trailer pulls great!

We did notice that the rubber seal above the LR slide out was coming loose. I guess I will do as others have suggested in this forum and install washers under the seal's screws.

Anyone having problems with their fridge not working on gas? Mine ignites, but the ignitor continues to click until it times out, then shuts the fuel off.

The final small problem we have found is the door for the front jacks pops open when traveling down the road while it is windy.

All in all, we are very impressed with our unit!

P.S. I installed extra floor plates and moved the big table to the garage. I then made two 18" table tops to go in the LR where the big one was. See pic below.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	11049  

2012 Stealth RG3210

Old 03-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #92

I also went with smaller tables does make it a lot easier for two people. I took mine back for some work a month ago and they ended up replacing the microwave. 15 months and still loving it, even with the issues.
jdmac15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1b1das View Post
Well, after another four day weekend in the rig, we still love it! BTW, if you ever get a chance to go camping in the hill country of Texas, you should check out Guadalupe River RV Resort in Kerrville. That place was awesome!

Just as Big Ronnie said, the trailer pulls great!

We did notice that the rubber seal above the LR slide out was coming loose. I guess I will do as others have suggested in this forum and install washers under the seal's screws.

Anyone having problems with their fridge not working on gas? Mine ignites, but the ignitor continues to click until it times out, then shuts the fuel off.

The final small problem we have found is the door for the front jacks pops open when traveling down the road while it is windy.

All in all, we are very impressed with our unit!

P.S. I installed extra floor plates and moved the big table to the garage. I then made two 18" table tops to go in the LR where the big one was. See pic below.
b1b1das,

Nice setup on your tables. That's giving me ideas for what I need to do with my unit.

I was having the same problem with the access door for the jacks. The problem seems to be that the latch on the door does not catch the tab on the door jam to keep it secure. To fix this problem I just added a 1/2" screw onto the door jam. See my attachment.

The other two pics are some upgrades I added to my cargo doors. I installed slam shut latches to the center of each cargo door and added locks where the existing latches were mounted. This added additional security for the cargo storage.
[ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0547.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	11232[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SAM_0548.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	11230   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0546.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	11231  
emangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by emangle View Post
b1b1das,

I was having the same problem with the access door for the jacks. The problem seems to be that the latch on the door does not catch the tab on the door jam to keep it secure. To fix this problem I just added a 1/2" screw onto the door jam. See my attachment.

The other two pics are some upgrades I added to my cargo doors. I installed slam shut latches to the center of each cargo door and added locks where the existing latches were mounted. This added additional security for the cargo storage.
Thanks emangle, I will try the screw in the door jam. I also like your slam shut door latches on the cargo doors! I think I am going to borrow that idea.

2012 Stealth RG3210

Old 04-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #95

14months on our RG3210

I have been doing allot of reading of all the posts and finally thought I would join in.
Just a brief overiview of the babble I have entered below:
We did a lift on the trailer.
I installed a reverse camera system with 3 cameras, 2 side, one center.
We developed a crack on the wall on the large slide out.
I have a leaking fuel pump at the fuel station.
I too have concerns about walking on the roof,

We have a 2009 2500HD 4x4 standard bed with a pullrite automatic hitch. When hitched up there was a significant angle on the trailer. I did a 3" shackle drop but had to raise the hitch 3" to get 8" of clearance on the bed (we go off road a bit and I have a roll top tonneau cover which inhibits the 5th wheel hitch). So I did raise the trailer 3". They cut the shackles and welded on a 3" square bar and reinforced everything with L brackets. I agree it is taking a gamble but in addition to being able to get the full use out of the 5th wheel hitch setup, towing was suprisingly better. The lift significantly reduced the 'porpusing' that was occurring before the lift. I am thinking of doing a shock kit on it to smooth out the leaf springs, all in all, was worth the money. Side note; depending where we camp and how we have to level the trailer, the stairs can be pretty far off the ground.

To aid in backing up, I added a 3 camera system. It was a bout $585.00 from REARVIEW SAFETY. The system comes with wiring for 4 cameras. Hind sight; I would have purchased a 4 camera system, they have a dual, center camera, one for close and one viewing further back. On the 2009 Silverado there was a trick to finding a power source that was keyed power. I will be glad to help out if anyone needs it.

We have the landing gear door problem as well, I will try that screw idea from an early post. (sorry did not note the posting party).

Two things I have to set an appointment up on;
Before our last trip, I noticed a crack in the wall around the large slide out. It is on the inside wall, and as your facing the slide out from the sink, it is in the top right corner. It may be just cosmetic but I have to set up an appointment to get it checked out. You can see it best when the large slide out is in, and your standing on the stairs.

The other is the fuel pump for the fuel station. While your pumping, you are fine, but if you stop pumping (as to fill up another toy) pressure builds up and the pump starts to leak.

I have the trailer in outdoor storage, so I wash and wax the rig every 3 months. I also clean and treat the roof with a UV coating, but I do it all from a ladder from the side. When we initially purchased the trailer I installed some Maxxair covers and noticed that the top appeared ribbed and not solid like my previous trailer. So I cautiously moved around the roof on my butt.
So my question is, how many of you have successfully walked on your roof? I live in So Cal. so I don't think I have a cold weather package resulting in a different type of roof.

Thanks for letting me catch up with you all.
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0041 - Copy.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	12165  
KJandRNii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandRNii View Post
So my question is, how many of you have successfully walked on your roof? I live in So Cal. so I don't think I have a cold weather package resulting in a different type of roof.
Kurt

Kurt, I am a big guy (280) and have walked on my roof with no problems.

2012 Stealth RG3210

Old 04-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #97

Thanks, one quick question, do you have a cold weather package?
KJandRNii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #98

What is this???

By the way, does anyone know what this is? Maybe a water shut off valve? Water Heater bypass? It is in the lower cabinet in the hallway, behind the control panel.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1077.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	12303  

2012 Stealth RG3210

Old 04-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandRNii View Post
Thanks, one quick question, do you have a cold weather package?
No sir...

2012 Stealth RG3210

Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #100
Drinkin beer on the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigronnie View Post
So, latest problem I have, everytime I haul the trailer, and when I setup camp, I switch the water pump on, the pump appears to loose its prime. The pump runs and runs, but does not pump water. I switch it on and of and still no water. Then, after about 5-15 minutes, the pump pressures up and works fine again, until you move the trailer again. Anyone have a problem like this before?? Water tanks are full would be everyones first question.
Air in the lines to the outside pressure washer?
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, 5th wheel