Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #101
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

do you ever bleed the hw heater with the pressure relief valve ? do it cold please !
also check to see if you have a little strainer with a screen in it by your water pump .
check the tightness of the strainer cup .
check to make sure your low point drain caps are tight .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalafus View Post
We did not have the option on ours, but do carry one of theses in the coach now. Very useful.

12.5 Foot Telescoping Ladder by Extend A Step
I was curious about the ladder and how easy is it to use getting up and down from the roof???

Is it tall enough for that???
Old 05-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu

I was curious about the ladder and how easy is it to use getting up and down from the roof???

Is it tall enough for that???
I have one for our rg3210 with a 3inch lift. It is not tall enough. I would think a 15' ladder or taller would work. I have not seen any that are compact and light that are that tall.
KJandRNii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #104

Ours is perfect. Bows a little as you go up(I'm 200Lbs) and careful when you collapse it down so you don't pinch fingers, but I think it works great.
jkalafus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #105

Quote:
Ours is perfect. Bows a little as you go up(I'm 200Lbs) and careful when you collapse it down so you don't pinch fingers, but I think it works great.
What is your trailer height???
Mine is 118 inches
Old 05-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #106

I have a question about charging the batteries when connected to the rv, does it matter if the 12v disconnect key is plugged in when charging from an outside source?
emangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu

What is your trailer height???
Mine is 118 inches
Ours is 143 from roof to ground.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #108
Drinkin beer on the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by emangle View Post
I have a question about charging the batteries when connected to the rv, does it matter if the 12v disconnect key is plugged in when charging from an outside source?
Thats a good question. I suppose any trailer can be wired up any way.
My batteries are connected to the bargman connecter even when the shutoff switch is disconnected.

Plugged into my truck, the batteries will charge from the truck regardless of switch position.

Plugged into shore power, my batteries only charge with the switch in the on/closed position.
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Johnson View Post
Thats a good question. I suppose any trailer can be wired up any way.
My batteries are connected to the bargman connecter even when the shutoff switch is disconnected.

Plugged into my truck, the batteries will charge from the truck regardless of switch position.

Plugged into shore power, my batteries only charge with the switch in the on/closed position.
Rod, thanks for the info.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #110

Anyone notice the floor getting fairly warm in front of the heater/micro when heats on? I am wondering if I have a leaky heater vent hose or if it's normal.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #111

Quote:
Anyone notice the floor getting fairly warm in front of the heater/micro when heats on? I am wondering if I have a leaky heater vent hose or if it's normal.
I just got back from a Memorial weekend trip and had to use the heater quite often. I did notice the same issue with the warm floor in front of the heater/mirco, seems to be normal. The other issue i noticed was the heater vent for the front bedroom barely blows any heat. Do you notice this too?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:22 AM   #112

Yes, I forgot to mention that too. I Took Off the grate and heater front cover, looks like it sends the warm air down into a metal box that splits it off. Looked under the rig and I can't see it. It is in between the floor and a tank/insulation barrier. Well, glad it's not just me.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #113

Been a while since I've posted. wee've done some trips, the latest being a 7 day trip to utah for the 4th. Had some new isues come up

1. Fuel station pump quit on me. Gears locked up. I called great planes and after some serial number and manf date info, they sent me new gears. I installed them and they turn, but no fuel. Can;t get it to prime. Ongoing

2. found a soft spot in the floor just to the rear of the rear personnel door. I have never carried fluids back here, just quads. Guess I'm gonna habve to cut the linoleum and see what is going on. ongoing

3. This is a doozie. The front face of the cabinets over the sliding door fell off while camped in utah. Kids were in there playing cards. Wife was doing dishes. BBBOOOMMMM. I run in and find the entire front of the cabinet on the floor. The whole thing is held on with thin wire staples. It busted the partical board pretty good and gouged through the linoleum. It just missed one of the kids when it fell.

Needless to say I'm not very impressed swith the craftsmanship of the factory guys for the Stealths
crashbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbot
Been a while since I've posted. wee've done some trips, the latest being a 7 day trip to utah for the 4th. Had some new isues come up

1. Fuel station pump quit on me. Gears locked up. I called great planes and after some serial number and manf date info, they sent me new gears. I installed them and they turn, but no fuel. Can;t get it to prime. Ongoing

2. found a soft spot in the floor just to the rear of the rear personnel door. I have never carried fluids back here, just quads. Guess I'm gonna habve to cut the linoleum and see what is going on. ongoing

3. This is a doozie. The front face of the cabinets over the sliding door fell off while camped in utah. Kids were in there playing cards. Wife was doing dishes. BBBOOOMMMM. I run in and find the entire front of the cabinet on the floor. The whole thing is held on with thin wire staples. It busted the partical board pretty good and gouged through the linoleum. It just missed one of the kids when it fell.

Needless to say I'm not very impressed swith the craftsmanship of the factory guys for the Stealths
--------

We had the fuel station pump issue too. Dealer fixed it under warranty. Was intermittent so it took a few try's for me to see the issue.

Had the same issue with the front face of cabinets after going down a bumpy road. Glad we got the extended warranty. I will have to take it in and make use of it I guess.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #115

Has anyone installed a satalite box in the trailer? If so where did you put it and what do you need to install it? Thanks
Ponce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:13 AM   #116
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponce
Has anyone installed a satalite box in the trailer? If so where did you put it and what do you need to install it? Thanks
Reciever
Dish
Cables
Remote
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #117

I am looking at a RG3210 I have a 2005 Chevy 2500 HD with a 6.0 V8 and a 4:10 rear end would I have any problem pulling this rig? Dealer says no problem but I want to make sure thanks.
Rabidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #118

The overall weight your good but from what i saw the pin weight Is almost 2,700 pounds. That is going to be to heavy for your 2500. By the time you add weight to the trailer and your truck your going to be way over your gross carry capacity of your truck.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #119

Unhappy

Thanks for the info yeah 2700 is what the flyer states. Is the max pin weight 2500. Does anyone have any suggestions with out getting a new truck.
Rabidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #120
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper1999 View Post
The overall weight your good but from what i saw the pin weight Is almost 2,700 pounds. That is going to be to heavy for your 2500. By the time you add weight to the trailer and your truck your going to be way over your gross carry capacity of your truck.
X2...IMO, consider lighter camper...no add-ons to change weight restrictions.

Tags
210, 5th wheel