So just picked up my new 2012 Stealth FS2612 on Friday...purchased 4/30 but had to wait a week for the dealer to do "cleaning and prepping". While doing the PDI, I noticed that the following:
1. Fabric loose on armrest of chair, sewing had been pulled out.
2. When flushing toilet, water splashes out the front and ends up on the floor.
3. Additional TV mount that was installed in the front bedroom was installed too close to the ceiling and there's no way even a 19" TV would fit.
4. Coax faceplate was pulled out of the wall and coax was loose going into it. This was noted at purchase time and was supposed to be fixed.
5. Guy doing the PDI was incredibly ignorant about the features of the vehicle and couldn't tell me anything about the stereo, micro/convection, or really anything else for that matter. In fact, I had to show him how to hook up to the truck since he couldn't figure out the hitch.
6. Trailer had not been cleaned and all protective covers were still on everything along with the everything in the microwave being in it's protective factory packaging still.
So since I had planned a trip and already made reservations, I had the dealer make a list of the issues that were noticed and off we went on the recommendation of the dealer. This being my first new trailer, I didn't really know what to expect, but I have to say I was very disappointed in the fact that it didn't appear that they had even gone through the thing. Anyway, about an hour into the trip while going down the freeway I catch something out of the corner of my eye and
the escape window is open and flopping around in the breeze! So I pull over and close it thinking it was a fluke thing, but nope....it did it again on the way home from the trip! Saturday morning I get up and go to heat up some water for my coffee in the microwave only to find out it:
1. All the parts are still in the packaging and
2. It turns on and makes noise....but doesn't heat anything
Call the sales dept and ask if maybe there's something I'm missing and get the standard response that I'll have to call the service dept on Monday. Finally, the last thing that happened on the way home, besides the emergency window flying open again, was the door that covers the outside shower broke as well while going down the freeway and was flopping around in the breeze.
Called the dealer this morning and now I have to take time off work to drive the 2.5hrs to the service dept to drop it off next Tuesday before 5pm so they can try to fix everything. Then I'll have to go pick it back up whenever they're done. Can't say I'm overly pleased with this purchase at the moment.