Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #1

One Year Update

It's been 1 year and time for an update on our Stealth.
On our first trip a D-ring tie down pulled out of the floor leaving my motorcycle on it's side. The factory tie-downs were only secured with wood screws.
We did upgrade the tie-downs to this type: Recessed Trailer D-Ring Tie Down with Backing Plate and Hardware, 5K Brophy Trailer Cargo Control RR5K The motorcycles have not budged even when I went over the railroad crossing from hell!
On the quirky side I was having fits trying to tune local antenna tv stations. I started off thinking it was just where I was camping then realized my neighbors were getting good reception. The amplifier was working so I was leaning toward replacing the antenna. Then I turned off the overhead lights and eureka, I had TV. If any of the overhead lights, bedroom, bathroom, or living area are on there is no reception. So we are watching TV in the dark until I get home and have a look at the wiring.
We have made 7 trips, about 5500 miles, and still very happy with our Stealth.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:17 PM   #2

Did you unit come with (LED) lights? Inside! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:30 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area 52 View Post
If any of the overhead lights, bedroom, bathroom, or living area are on there is no reception. So we are watching TV in the dark until I get home and have a look at the wiring.
It is not the wiring. If you have LED lighting, you should call dealer and ask to have them replaced under warranty. This is a documented issue. Some cheap LED modules use cheap ( very RF noisy) components to drive the LED chip. The frequency of the noisy drivers happen to be the same as OTA TV. If out of warranty or dealer will not replace, you can do it yourself fairly easily. If you try ebay for replacements, buy one and try it before you buy them all.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #4

Yes, it came with LEDs, self induced as I asked for LEDs. I am out of warranty but will go by the nearest dealer and see what I can finagle. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-06-2015, 02:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area 52 View Post
Yes, it came with LEDs, self induced as I asked for LEDs. I am out of warranty but will go by the nearest dealer and see what I can finagle. Thanks for the heads up!
That was the answer I was looking for,the F/R Factory Crews changed several LED lights in units at the (Goshen Rally) 2 years ago when this seemed to start! They changed the (Entire Fixtures) but a Bulb change will work also! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote