Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2018, 01:04 PM   #1

strapping down ATV with cheesy little D-Rings in Stealth toy hauler.

Any pics or advice when strapping down a 750 king quad using these little D-rings they give us. I have a 2018 2313 Stealth toy hauler. I am worried about pulling the D-Rings out of the floor. Should I worry ? Any suggestions on strapping methods apprecitated, pics.
russtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by russtman View Post
Any pics or advice when strapping down a 750 king quad using these little D-rings they give us. I have a 2018 2313 Stealth toy hauler. I am worried about pulling the D-Rings out of the floor. Should I worry ? Any suggestions on strapping methods apprecitated, pics.

I’ve cranked mine down pretty good. In mine the rings are secured to the frame. I use the ratchet straps rated at 1000 lbs each and probably compress the springs a good inch or slightly more. One on each corner and my side by side doesn’t move. Even out here on Idaho back country roads.
prestonj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #3

Yea, mine dont go through the frame just through the floor as per what I was told. I have hauled before, but I am just leary of these new 2500 lb D-rings that go thru to the bottom of the floor but not the frame. Thanks for the reply.
russtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:11 PM   #4

I crank my 800 pound Harley bagger down pretty hard and have never had an issue. Hauled it from Washington to California and back with no issues. A quad shouldn't be a problem.
Trobec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:15 AM   #5

I had one D ring pull out of the floor when new. Dealer fixed and no other problems. My bike is about 650 lbs, and I have cinched down pretty tight several times without any problems either. If I didn't have the foam cover on the belly, I would love to double check them, and if needed put a flat plate underneath.

Mark
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:15 PM   #6

I don't use the rings. Instead, I installed Erickson tie-downs for my Polaris 570s. Reasonably priced at etrailer.com, easy install, awesomely secure. I only secure the back wheels and the machines don't budge.
https://www.etrailer.com/Tie-Down-An...n/EM09160.html
Old 05-24-2018, 12:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by russtman View Post

We haul to large motorcycles, and I can say I agree the supplied D rings are cheap. The ring is not welded together at the ends (which is hidden by the metal cover). We've had two fail when we were cinching with a tie down at a large angle; the ring pulled apart and pulled out. If you are pulling straight up (or close) they seem ok, but if you pull at an angle, they can come apart. I wish I had a picture to illustrate. I added more rings so we have them right where we need and do not have to have any large angle tie downs.
mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:52 AM   #8

I usually have my 1800# Teryx side by side strapped down tight and haven't had a problem in my 2017 FS2413.
Tmoz78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toy hauler