Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #1

Tires

So I bought my new 2715 last August ordered from the factory. When it arrived I felt the tires looked a little soft. And they were at only 40lbs so I filled them to 65 and they still look soft. After looking online and at my friends smaller stealth same year. They all have 80 psi max tires and mine are only 65. Does this seem like something I should bring up with forest river or do they just put what they have on hand and only had the 80 psi in stock when they built my friends
Svtyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svtyone View Post
So I bought my new 2715 last August ordered from the factory. When it arrived I felt the tires looked a little soft. And they were at only 40lbs so I filled them to 65 and they still look soft. After looking online and at my friends smaller stealth same year. They all have 80 psi max tires and mine are only 65. Does this seem like something I should bring up with forest river or do they just put what they have on hand and only had the 80 psi in stock when they built my friends

My 2016 Stealth (which was a 35 footer) also had the 80psi tires on it. I was also hauling about 13k when fully loaded with quads and fuel/water. Now my new 40’ Sprinter Limited has them as well but I think it’s because of the weight. My in-laws Keystone Hideout FW only has 65psi tires on it.
2014 Brute Force 300 (daughters)
2016 Days Camped: 22
Check Us Out On YOUTUBE!!
PolarisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:59 PM   #3

Ok I emailed Forrest river about it to see what they say. My gvwr is 10k but am probely closer to 11 when fully loaded. My buddies is the same gvwr. So I’m curious what Forrest river says. My dealer said the make changes like that all the time but I’m looking at 2018-2018 so
Old 06-21-2018, 08:09 AM   #4

My 2016 2515, which gvwr is 10K came with the "D" rated tires which are 65 psi. They go for the absolute minimum ($$) for the weight, and I bet Forest River is just going to tell you the tires are fine.

I upgraded my tires to "E" load at 80 psi to get rid of the cheap tires that came with it, and having more margin of safety. Just make sure your rims are capable of the higher psi.

If you look at your tires, most likely they are limited to 65 mph also. The newer tires, like Goodyear Endurance, are rated at 87 mph. Not saying to go faster, but again, more margin of safety. I tow at 65 mph, and much rather not be at the tires max speed.
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:14 PM   #5

My new to me stealth fs2612 has d rated that the previous owner put on 8 months ago. Trailer is rated at 10k. Replacing them With E rated Maxxis M8008 or 16” wheels and LT tires since I have 6 lug axels.
eDUBz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
My 2016 2515, which gvwr is 10K came with the "D" rated tires which are 65 psi. They go for the absolute minimum ($$) for the weight, and I bet Forest River is just going to tell you the tires are fine.

I upgraded my tires to "E" load at 80 psi to get rid of the cheap tires that came with it, and having more margin of safety. Just make sure your rims are capable of the higher psi.

If you look at your tires, most likely they are limited to 65 mph also. The newer tires, like Goodyear Endurance, are rated at 87 mph. Not saying to go faster, but again, more margin of safety. I tow at 65 mph, and much rather not be at the tires max speed.

I’m gonna upgrade to e when these wear out assuming there ok for the load but as far as speed goes I only tow at 55-60 max since I live In California
Old 06-22-2018, 07:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svtyone View Post
I’m gonna upgrade to e when these wear out assuming there ok for the load but as far as speed goes I only tow at 55-60 max since I live In California
Look at the sidewall of the tire, and it will give you the load rating. You should be okay. Forest River will not send out a unit that can't handle the weight. Just that weight may have a margin of 100 pounds.

I highly recommend you get a TPMS system to monitor the tires. I ran my original "no name" tires for about 10K miles. But they can be of questionable quality. Some no problem, some not so much.
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
Look at the sidewall of the tire, and it will give you the load rating. You should be okay. Forest River will not send out a unit that can't handle the weight. Just that weight may have a margin of 100 pounds.

I highly recommend you get a TPMS system to monitor the tires. I ran my original "no name" tires for about 10K miles. But they can be of questionable quality. Some no problem, some not so much.

I have the gladiators and they have pretty good reviews and I always check pressure at every stop and before moving I’m more concerned of the load rating I would like to run these till they actually need replacing but may go to e range earlier if I feel there not adequate. So far I have made several 100+mile trips with them and there holding up well.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:21 PM   #9

So this was Forrest rivers response. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3472.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	177225Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3473.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	177226