Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #1

Water issue

Having trouble getting water in to trailer. It's is only 1/3 full but it keeps spitting water out as it is full. Not sure if this is a common issue or if there is something I'm doing wrong. No way to see tank. I know it's not full because I never filled after last trip.
cr250nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:31 PM   #2

we are having the same problem. Takes at least 2 hours to fill the tank on our WA 2916. Very frustrating, none of our other RVs were this slow. You can feel air coming out the vent, so that is not plugged. Ideas??
Old 09-10-2017, 04:06 PM   #3

It sounds like a plugged, or partially blocked, vent tube. Mine was crimped on another trailer I had. Find it and follow it out.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:24 PM   #4

Same issue

I have the same issue in my New Stealth, I had to shove a 1/4 drip line down the vent tube to make allow the tanks to vent and fill with water.
Brdosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:18 AM   #5

I've got/have had that issue with mine too. Don't know if the vent is kinked or just has enough of a dip in the hose to act like a "p trap" . I'm inclined to believe the hose has a dip (low spot) in it that holds water. It would fill about 2/3 then wants to blow water back at you. Sound too familiar? I've pulled the plate and looked at the vent hose from the plate to the topside of the floor and nothing was obviously amiss. The issue has to be below the floor and hidden by the coroplast underbelly on mine,which would be a PIA to investigate further, especially since this has been working for me.

I'm using your basic Camco water bandit with the addition of a double female hose coupling. It seals to the filler neck inside lip. Once it gets 2/3 full it spits water out the vent. (I surmises that is the water trapped in the vent line being forced out by the air in the tank) Once it's full, water comes out the vent tube at a rate like you would expect. When you disconnect, some comes back out for a few seconds and all settles down. It's been working for me for the past couple seasons and no messing around with it. I've just got a piece of mechanic's wire holding it up to a tie wrap passed around a rib in the refer vent so I don't have to stand there and hold it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170621_152858.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	356.3 KB
ID:	151165  
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
I've got/have had that issue with mine too. Don't know if the vent is kinked or just has enough of a dip in the hose to act like a "p trap" . I'm inclined to believe the hose has a dip (low spot) in it that holds water. It would fill about 2/3 then wants to blow water back at you. Sound too familiar? I've pulled the plate and looked at the vent hose from the plate to the topside of the floor and nothing was obviously amiss. The issue has to be below the floor and hidden by the coroplast underbelly on mine,which would be a PIA to investigate further, especially since this has been working for me.

I'm using your basic Camco water bandit with the addition of a double female hose coupling. It seals to the filler neck inside lip. Once it gets 2/3 full it spits water out the vent. (I surmises that is the water trapped in the vent line being forced out by the air in the tank) Once it's full, water comes out the vent tube at a rate like you would expect. When you disconnect, some comes back out for a few seconds and all settles down. It's been working for me for the past couple seasons and no messing around with it. I've just got a piece of mechanic's wire holding it up to a tie wrap passed around a rib in the refer vent so I don't have to stand there and hold it.

Thanks that worked for me. About 5 min of filling and it blew a bunch of air and water out the vent tube and then filled fine
Old 09-11-2017, 08:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaS View Post
we are having the same problem. Takes at least 2 hours to fill the tank on our WA 2916. Very frustrating, none of our other RVs were this slow. You can feel air coming out the vent, so that is not plugged. Ideas??

I got it to work by holding the hose in with pressure to try and prevent it from spitting out and then in about 5 min it spit a bunch of air and water out the vent tube and then it filled fine the rest of the way

Tags
water