Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2016, 07:06 PM   #1

Water leaking

Has anyone else had a problem with water leaking in around ramp door? We have a 2016 Stealth SS1913 and much to our dismay found when it rained the wind was blowing the water around the ramp door. GRRR.
Clemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:31 PM   #2

I can see day light coming through the upper right hand side of my ramp door. Have figured out yet what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
tb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #3

I don't have that type of rig but my neighbor did and had that problem we installed soft car door weather strip around the ramp and it solved the water and greatly limited the dust problem.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:51 PM   #4
Newb

I haven't noticed any leaks around the ramp door, but both of my entry doors leaked.

Evidently the guy running the power tool to install the screws didn't know when to let off the trigger, both doors had screws sheared off so the frame wasn't getting sucked up against the butyl tape.
Stealth FQ2916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:20 AM   #5

Thumbs up

We went to a local rv dealer and picked up some D seal tape to install around the ramp door. Hoping to solve the water leakage issue. Thanks for the replies .
Old 10-31-2016, 11:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemons View Post
We went to a local rv dealer and picked up some D seal tape to install around the ramp door. Hoping to solve the water leakage issue. Thanks for the replies .
Right about now I am not a happy camper. After installing weather stripping around the ramp door......still a leak coming from some other source. Even found rain coming through the bolts on the ramp door. The over hang on the ramp door doesn't appear to be preventing the rain from coming in. Anybody have an annoying problem like this. Maybe we purrchased a LEMON!

Tags
leak, water, water leak