Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2015, 06:40 AM   #1

Water Level 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgabe View Post
Have a Stealth WA2715. It has the optional 60 gallon potable water tank in addition to the standard 106 gallons. I am wondering if this is a different tank all together or if the standard tank is larger. I put in a lot of water after reaching full on the level indicator. There are times that I don't want to take out all 160 gallons. But I don't yet know how to interpret the indicator. Last time I only filled partial we ran out of water.
Has any one had any updates with trouble shooting the dual tanks?
We just got a new Stealth 2812G, it is our first trailer with two tanks.

The first time filling the fresh tanks we filled her up like our first trailer (NASCAR style! a single 50gal tank, stopped filling full blast when water started coming out of the vent on the water bowl), it didn't take long for the water to back fill the water hose hole on the Stealth.
I knew there was no way it had 160 gals

So I started filling very slow and it seemed like I couldn't get anymore water in the tank. I highly doubt we got anything close to 100gals in the forward tank.

Looking under the trailer, the two tanks are connected at the bottom, the hose is in the shape of a "U" there is a piece of angle iron between the tanks separating them, the hose has to go under the angle iron to connect the tanks.

The best I could see there is nothing else connecting the two tanks. The water fill hose appears to be filling the forward tank only.

Does anyone know where the vents are for both tanks?
Has anyone installed a second hose connection for the aft tank to fill?

Thanks!
DodgeNerd85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:48 PM   #2

Funny you should post this. We just took our WA2916 out for the second time in three weeks since owning her. However, we had our Fleetwood toy hauler prior to the stealth and camped a lot already this year. This is my first RV with the dual tanks setup too and the majority of our camping is done via full hookups. This weekends trip though was up to a primitive site (family reunion) and I had to take water with me. I only filled it up 2/3rds as I was going up a gnarly grade into the mountains (11% at times) and really didn't want over 1000 pounds of water. During the initial fill up the system really built up some air pressure. To the point where I removed the hose and a CRAZY amount of air started coming out of the vent tube next to the filler hole. I let it vent out and proceeded to fill up. Now granted... my site SUCKED this weekend and it took everything in us and some ingenuity to get the RV "kinda" level. It still was about 4 inches low in the front and about 2 inches side to side. Not ideal at all. I seemed to run out of water in two days of very moderate usage. not even using the shower....or so I thought.

I get to the dump station and clean out, etc and release the water tank valve thinking that just a tiny amount would come out. Nope... gallons upon gallons came out. Enough to piss me off actually cause of this California drought. Was I unlevel enough to cause the pump not to suck water? I have no idea but I for sure could use a little education myself on these dual water tank systems.
2014 Brute Force 300 (daughters)
2016 Days Camped: 22
Check Us Out On YOUTUBE!!
PolarisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:56 PM   #3

oh, so I never paid attention to where the pump pulls from. I guess finding that out would be useful when we cannot be completely level.

normally where we go (desert or race track) we will only have access to power and not water. So more or less we are always boondockin' it hauling water too. and agreed, water is heavy !

I wonder if I could tap into the water lines (after the water pump) and run a hose to the second aft tank and "recirculate" the water into the second tank while filling the forward? Or am i just nuking this?

Id hate to create a mass vortex between the two tanks and have the sucker explode or something... lol
GO NAVY
Old 08-18-2015, 09:47 PM   #4

I know when I first started filling my tanks I would stop after the first burp. I would always run out of or short on water. I learned to pause at the first burp and then continue again. And it will fill the other tank. It seems like it takes forever to fill too.
jjgabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:50 AM   #5

Does any one else feel pressured to hurry up with someone else pulls up behind you when filling or dumping ?
GO NAVY
Old 08-19-2015, 04:48 AM   #6
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTajima View Post
Does any one else feel pressured to hurry up with someone else pulls up behind you when filling or dumping ?
Nope, I paid for camping just like they did
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTajima View Post
To be honest this has RARELY ever happens to us. I remember the last time it happened the dump station had a 10 dollar fee and you could swipe your card and the clean out would unlock. When you were done you'd simply close the lid and it would lock again. I had a guy pull up behind me as I was putting hoses away and said, "Yo man mind putting a rock under the lid while I pull up?" I thought, are you kidding me? I hated to do it but I closed it cause if I pay, he pays.

But anyway, we're off subject. Sorry OP.
2014 Brute Force 300 (daughters)
2016 Days Camped: 22
Check Us Out On YOUTUBE!!
PolarisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
Nope, I paid for camping just like they did

yes, but sometimes when we go dry camping, we found a gas station with free water randomly
GO NAVY
Old 08-29-2015, 02:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarisGuy View Post
To be honest this has RARELY ever happens to us. I remember the last time it happened the dump station had a 10 dollar fee and you could swipe your card and the clean out would unlock. When you were done you'd simply close the lid and it would lock again. I had a guy pull up behind me as I was putting hoses away and said, "Yo man mind putting a rock under the lid while I pull up?" I thought, are you kidding me? I hated to do it but I closed it cause if I pay, he pays.

But anyway, we're off subject. Sorry OP.
I dont know why people can be so cheap like that
GO NAVY

Tags
water