Old 08-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #11

As for the floor slide, the only thing you can really do is go with a taller rubber seal on the bottom (cut out for rams, etc.) or put a similar continuous rubber seal on the face of the slide floor inside the coach. It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing fix though.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Mr. Clemens. I've retrofitted my slide with both of your suggestions, they did help but it still falls short for a bug and wind barrier. I was hoping someone would have developed a type of brush seal, a larger version of what we find as a weather strip on the bottom of a house door.

Thanks again for your time and attention to my problem...I'm sure there is a long line of queries vying your tending.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #12

I am beginning to lose faith in the Ridgeview, new refrig. is in and working, most other issues fixed, now after my 2nd trip I have a whole new list the most troubling is the bubbling under the flooring and the 12v fuse panel that has a glowing red light even though the fuse is good. Also the storage compartments are pulling away from the exterior sides, so tell me again about the QC program, I must have missed something. Have owned this new RV since june 16th and have had use of it 8 days, going to have to start sending my storage checks to the dealer.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #13

well not that anyone really cares but got it back on thurs. used it for 3 days. back to the dealer, sagging floor, shower stall coming apart and flooring lifted. Talked to the service mgr. told me al 3 that they sold have multiple warranty issues and 1 went back to the factory.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #14

well not that anybody is reading this but it makes me feel better to vent, Forest river's response to this "lemon" is drive it 70 miles each way to a different repair facility as they do not believe the list of things that the selling dealer said is wrong with it. My response is NO!, the selling dealer is competent and all repairs done to date have been done to my satisfaction. If it continues to be a warranty problem, than I will have to seek legal help.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #15

Bob, We're all watching and hope you keep posting updates. Remember, the squeeky wheel gets the grease.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #16

thanks, it is just rather annoying to spend that much on something that we have only had the use of for 9 days since its purchase. The dealer has informed me that all 3 that they sold are just rolling warranty claims, with mine being the worse of the 3
Old 10-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #17

If the "Law of Averages" is any consolation, you're in good shape for your next purchase. Keep smiling!
Old 10-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #18

thanks, but this was our 3rd new RV in 3 years and may be our last, unless Forest River wants this one back. I know I did not pay the 165,000 sticker but considering what I did pay I would have thought it was better quality in construction and materials.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #19

Bob; there is one point that I am sure something went wrong with the dealer that sold you this trailer. If the kitchen sink drain was not connected at all I dont see how he could have done the prep on your trailer without wetting his feet while he was testing it with the hose connected.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #20

actually it is or was a defect in design, the flex hose is not long enough and is secured to the interior wall, the sink is part of the slide, so after a couple of cycles of the slide and the hose pops out, the water does not drain into the living area of the RV but rather on the floor behind the cabinets, eventually it runs out of the bottom of the slide, I probably ran the water for 5 minutes before I noticed it coming out of the slide.