Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2013, 10:56 PM   #1

new to us 2007 all american sport

well I just got home to Seattle, WA from Sioux Falls, SD with our new to us triple slide all american sport 38 footer, what was I thinking, I really had no idea just how big this monster was, by the way the trip there and back went very well, no break downs, no problems, I bought 6 new tires in Seattle and took them with me to Spader RV in Sioux Falls, SD, and had them installed locally. In case you were wondering what I pulled it home with, a 1990 dodge one ton diesel single rear tire truck, no not a dually, with 220K in the ticker, we looked at 100's of fifth wheels ( my DW will say 1000's ) and it seamed like 90% of them the TV was at a 90 degree angle from the couch or above the entry door, either way it leave one with a cricked neck trying to see the TV, we were sold on the TV being directly across from the couch.
Now with some questions to other owners, what is up with forest river's thinking, putting the drain valves so far under the fifver you have to lay down and crawl under the rig to access them. My vinyl sticker have started to lift off, this is a 6 year old rig, is this normal ? Also the clear coat on one side is completely gone, this unit must of sat with the drivers side facing west, because the passenger side still has a nice shine to it, any ideas on how to deal with the stickers peeling or the lack of a clear coat on the front cap and one side. I think this is enough for right now for my first post on this forum, if you made it this far congratulations and than you for reading
jeepoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #2

Hi I know its been years since your post so do you still have it? perhaps you can answer some of my questions as I have a new to me 05 385 RLTS. lucky for me I have electric valve actuators and 3 open/close switches that seem to work great. I have two gravity fill water caps separate from my city and black flush hose connections and had a couple questions.
Miller A_A sport 385 RLTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
Site Team

Miller, the last time the OP ever posted, was 4 years ago.
So they may not answer.

Also, since the All American line was only produced for a couple of years, we don't have many AA owners here.
They didn't sell a lot of them.

The last post here, by an actual AA owner, was 3 years ago.

Hopefully there are still some AA owners still around.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote