Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2006, 11:25 PM   #1
NYTriker

Questions for Bear

Glad to hear you have had good luck with the Canadian Sport. Hoping to have the same here. Right now we are still pulling the 385 with a Ford F350 dually 6.0 deisel. I'm planning on getting a medium duty hauler in the near future, but for now,going to try hauling the 385 with the Ford. We are going to try to keep her as lite as possible until we upgrade. Did you find alot of things from the factory that made no sense. We ordered this one, so I had found weird things that I had changed. First I had them move the basement light from the middle of the compartment, to near the street side door. Also I had them replace all the dump valves with electric ones. The pull type originals were placed so bad that you had to crawl under the trailer to open them. I added 2 doors to the panels in the basement. One to get to the valve on the back of the water heater, and one to get to the water filter and the water pump. I had to pull those panels off to install a central vacuum, and found there was no way to get to the filter and it was full of water. It was supposed to have been winterized when we picked it up. I'm waiting for the water pump by-pass to arrive, so I can pump antifreeze into the entire system. Wasn't a happy camper when I saw the filter full of water. Also installing tie-down anchors in the garage to hold the trike in place. Still have a whole list of additions, like coat hangers, towel racks and even the toilet paper holder to finish. Glad to have found a site with people who own the same toy hauler. The All American Sports aren't even mentioned on the Toy Hauler magazine site. Happy camping.
andressta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:31 AM   #2

Smile

Yes, there are some things done stupidly on these trailers. I did the electric dump valves also as they were impossible to get at. A lot of this stuff that was done stupidly my dealer just did befor delivery. He is a good friend of mine and he knew if it wasen't right when I got it, I would just rip him a new one and make him do it anyway. As far as pulling the trailer, you are wise to go to at lest an MDT. I went with an HDT because it is a LOT cheaper, it pulls it WAY better, and it will last WAY longer. It is also registerd as a motor home so I don't have to worry about all the commercial truck stuff like inspections and stopping at scales. You can even drive it with a class 5 drivers license. I am a little short of time right now because I am preping for a job. When I have time over the next few days I will post more of the mods that I have done to the trailer and if you have any questions about HDT's or anything else I will be happy to help. Some of the mods I have done can be seen in this post linked below

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...hread.php?t=43

Cheers
Bear

2000 Volvo 660 D12 425 hp 1550 torque 15 speed, Trailer Saver air ride hitch. 2006 Canadian Sport 385 RLTS 40'10" triple slide, triple axle 5'er toybox, 300 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter, Onan 5500 Marques Platnum. 1998 Polaris 300 Explorer 4X4 quad, 2003 Polaris 700 Sportsman 4X4 quad, 1994 Jeep YJ "TOAD" 3" lift 31" ProComp Mud Terrain tires

https://community.webshots.com/user/Bears319

https://www.picturetrail.com/bears319

Mission Statement : ZZZZzzzzz
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american/canadian sport