Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2016, 03:07 PM   #1

2010 Lacrosse 303RKS

Hi all, I'm new here and wanted to check out what some of the other Lacrosse owners have done to their coaches to reduce the wobble in it while parked. I bump the jacks and it helps slightly but it need something else. My neighbor gave my a set of slideout supports that I would have to modify because they are to tall but i have read several negative reviews on using them.
I did buy a Fastway wheel chock to help eliminate roll but it hasn't seemed to help much. I only have it on one side though. I don't know so much that roll is the problem, whenever I or my wife walk through the coach the shake is very noticeable and the jacks are not extended way out. Also, is there an outlet for getting parts for these trailers? We bought it used (2010) last year and the dealer is not a Prime Time dealer. I just want to be able to pick up certain items as needed, brake shoes, other small things troughout the coach. Thanks in advance!
tuneman59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:35 PM   #2

E trailer for Brakes! Adventure RV for Lots of other parts! Youroo!!
Old 09-18-2016, 05:32 PM   #3

303RKS

Thank you! Much appreciated......
Old 09-18-2016, 08:45 PM   #4
Site Team

I use these on our Lacrosse to help with shaking.

https://www.amazon.com/BAL-28014-X-C.../dp/B00B2ATTUE

4 of these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:16 PM   #5

303RKS

Hi, where do you put them? I'm not sure where all the shake is coming from. I looked arouond underneath it earlier today and I didn't see anything wrong or loose. Is it the common consensus that slideout supports are a bad thing? I thought they would help but after reading up on the possible negative points about them I am thinking maybe i should not use them. As I mentioned in my initial post, my neighbor gave me a pair. They are just to tall for me to use without modification. I definitely don't want to damage my slideout. I already have some concerns about it not closing all the way on one side. Thanks
Old 09-19-2016, 12:27 PM   #6

The "onboard" stabilizer jacks are just that......stabilize! All trailers are susceptible to movement because you are still being held up by the suspension (springs). There will always be some degree of "bounce" movement when someone walks on the trailer.
The x-chocks will help forward & rearward movement but not completely eliminate it. The only way to eliminate vertually all movement is to support the trailer directly under the frame. The support jacks mentioned above are a good place to start (but that requires crawling under the trailer each time to set them up). So, IMO, unless you're parking the trailer on a lot for an extended period of time, it's not worth all that effort just for a weekend.
Most manufacturers don't recommend slide supports. The slides are designed to support themselves and any activity that may take place in them (ie; sitting at the dinette, couch etc).

Enjoy your 303RKS. We had a 2011 303 as our previous TT and thouroghly enjoyed 3 years of trouble free service & fun! 👍
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:49 PM   #7

303RKS

Thanks, for the info, the slide supports are out. I'm not willing to risk damaging anything. The movement doesn't really bother me but it seems to bother my wife for some reason. We had a Jayco for 9 years and she swears it wasn't as bad. But then she thinks it would be cool to have a boat and I'm like ummmm, ok! And when it starts bouncing around, then what? Lol....Thanks again!

Tags
lacrosse