Old 09-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
2012 -290 Crusader Furnace Issue

We are travelling in Northern Ontario. We should have checked the furnace before we left - hind sight you know. Anyway furnace would not ignite. Blower came on tried to ignite but wouldn"t stay lit. Had an RV teach come out. He removed the furnace and took it back to the shop and it fired right up. Brought it back. Changed the thermostat and the regulator. He changed the regulator because he checked the stove and propane was not flowing evenly. Everything seemed fine until 2 am this morning and same problem again. We have shut off the propane and we are using the fireplace and an electric blanket. Very cold and rainy up here. The RV place is closed until Monday. Any suggestions? Will this be covered under warranty?

portliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Sorry if I'm repeating what you already did but... Do you have gas going from the tank up to the regulator? I say this because I had a gas line on my Crusader 290 that went from the propane tank to the regulator on the door side fail to feed, it was completely blocked. I replaced the line line and I was back up and running. Did you try changing over to the other tank to see if that worked? Good luck and stay warm.

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2013 F350 Lariat Crew Cab DRW 6.7L Diesel
RossandDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
We also have a 2012 290RLT. First trip out, our fridge stopped working on propane. Dealer found a piece of Styrofoam in the the propane line.
Jim and Carol

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2010 Ford F-250 King Cab Diesel
Harley Davidson Edition
jriddering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
Originally Posted by jriddering View Post
We also have a 2012 290RLT. First trip out, our fridge stopped working on propane. Dealer found a piece of Styrofoam in the the propane line.
I have read that this has been the cause of past propane problems. Glad it was a simple fix.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #5
Originally Posted by portliz View Post
Any suggestions? Will this be covered under warranty?
in issues like the one you describe, Prime Time has a reputation for customer service that is second to none!

Don't hesitate to call them direct, and yes indeed, this is a full warranty issue!

In the meantime, a small, quiet, lightweight and cheap mini heater will keep the bedroom and bathroom toasty warm. (We carry 2 Voronado heater/fans available from WalMart online) heaters that weigh 4 lbs each that very quietly and easily heat up the whole trailer on the CG's nickle!)

Hope you can still enjoy you trip!
Jim & Kathy

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Miles towed to date: 18,950 Nights camped 192
J_KHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote