Old 01-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #1

2012 318BHS Touring, Cover question

Our winter weather can be....less then fun.... Our last trailer got totalled because of water damage...told possibly from melt then a water freeze it pulled gutter from trailer leaking in water slowly that created big problem.

I want to avoid damage from our winters and want to get a cover for our new trailer but I am curious what size you have on yours and any other suggestions of what one...

THANK YOU!

Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdandy View Post
Our winter weather can be....less then fun.... Our last trailer got totalled because of water damage...told possibly from melt then a water freeze it pulled gutter from trailer leaking in water slowly that created big problem.

I want to avoid damage from our winters and want to get a cover for our new trailer but I am curious what size you have on yours and any other suggestions of what one...

THANK YOU!
I've been told that covers actually do more harm than good. Rubs on the surface of the TT, taking the paint with it, and condensation under the cover isn't a good idea either.

trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Commercial Member

From the FAQ section of our web site:

Q- Should I cover my RV in the winter?

Storing your RV under a roof type cover or within a building when the RV will not be used for an extended period of time is always a good idea when this option is available to you.

When you must store your RV outdoors during periods of non-use you also have the option of using a temporary cover that is draped over the RV, then fastened onto the RV tightly. Many of these covers have a DuP ont TTY® top or roof panel and polypropylene side panels.

Many RV owners prefer to cover their RV’s with the drape-over style covers to protect the surfaces and finish from UV breakdown, dirt, leaves, birds and other airborne contaminates.

On the other hand, many RV owners feel that to cover an RV with the drape-over style covers may lead to chafing and that chafing can lead to rubbing the decals off and other finishes.

In our opinion we would rather have the RV covered than exposed to the outdoor elements.

PTM

Tags
318bhs