Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #1

2012 Crusader 290RLT

Has anyone had issues with the propane hoses and regulators? We have changed both hoses and now have had to change the regulator on the left side.
We are also now experiencing the Eterno Bond tape on top of the slide outs tearing at the edges, and it's not considered a warranty issue (camper is 18 months old) nor can it be claimed on the RV Care extended warranty, because it's considered a seam / roof issue. The slides stay in all the time when not in use.
And to top it off - this weekend being a holiday weekend - we take the camper out and the AC runs and runs and does not cool to the temperature set.
Just not been happy with this camper at all - we have had a 2000 Terry and have had no issues. We purchased the Crusader for a bigger RV. I hope this RV isn't one of these "you get what you pay for".
Any comments / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
GeauxLSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #2

We had to replace the propane hose on the door side of our 2012 290RLT, it seemed to be blocked or clogged. I also had the landing gear motor lock up and couldn't get anywhere with the dealer to replace it. We haven't noticed any problems with our slides yet but I am going to open it up and check them out. Has your AC always had the problem of not shutting off or reaching the desired temp? Was it an extremely hot day, were you camping in an area with no shade? Have you tried contacting Prime Time I've had good luck with them when I had problems with my dealer. I'm sorry to hear that you are having so many problems with your camper the 290RLT is a very nice floorplan. I hope that all your problems get worked out and you can relax and enjoy your camper.

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2013 F350 Lariat Crew Cab DRW 6.7L Diesel
RossandDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU View Post
Has anyone had issues with the propane hoses and regulators? We have changed both hoses and now have had to change the regulator on the left side.
We are also now experiencing the Eterno Bond tape on top of the slide outs tearing at the edges, and it's not considered a warranty issue (camper is 18 months old) nor can it be claimed on the RV Care extended warranty, because it's considered a seam / roof issue. The slides stay in all the time when not in use.
And to top it off - this weekend being a holiday weekend - we take the camper out and the AC runs and runs and does not cool to the temperature set.
Just not been happy with this camper at all - we have had a 2000 Terry and have had no issues. We purchased the Crusader for a bigger RV. I hope this RV isn't one of these "you get what you pay for".
Any comments / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Geaux LSU, I believe you were the gentleman I spoke with at the campground and recommended this site to you. You may want to contact PrimeTime directly on PM RVGuy. He is a regular on the site and if I'm not mistaken, there is a thread on here where he addressed some eternabond issues on the slides.
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, 290rlt, crusader