Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #1

2012 PT 318BHS Touring Edition

My wife and I are in the market for a new camper. We really like the 318BHS and started getting prices on this model. The one dealer we're talking to has a 318BHS Touring Edition. He tells me there's 4K worth of additional options of this camper vs the standard 318BHS (Power tongue jack, power stabilizers, color diamond plate, front fiberglass cap, fireplace, coded lock on door, and larger frig). I could care less about the fireplace and prefer the cabinets over the fireplace. I find it hard to believe these extra options cost an additional 4K. Plus I've been told the NEWER 2012 318BHS will come standard with the fiberglass cap. I think he's using the Touring Edition extra cost to ask more for the camper. I think there's value there but NOT 4K. Plus I hear PT advertises the Touring Edition with 4K FREE upgrades. What should I expect to pay for the Touring Edition above the standard 318BHS? Can someone confirm if the new 2012 standard 318BHS campers will include the fiberglass cap?

Thanks,
Doug
dfeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #2

I personally do not know if the 2012's non touring addition will be standard with cap, i have seen 2012's without it. As far as the fireplace, we thought the same thing until we got it. We use it to provide ambient heat once the trailer heats up with the furnace. I saves propane to work off of shore power, so we really enjoy it.

Now, as far as price. Our touring addition 318 from Southern RV in tyler texas came with 50 amp service, Two AC's, upgraded suspension plus all the other items you mentioned and was truly no additional cost over the standard unit. We saw a huge benefit buying this promotional unit. Beyond the additional equipment, the graphics package looks better, the wheels look better, the flooring looks better, the stained cabinetry looks better, the list goes on and on for us. Some of these preferences may be our opnion as far as the colors but we just love ours. We drove out after TT and L, off the lot, for a tad under 30k. I felt at the time and still do that it was and is the best deal currently in the market.

I am not sure where you live, but my dealer sill has a few and they ordered a bunch of them.
HAARubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #3

I bought a 2012 318 BHS standard edition. Got a great deal. Now mine still came with the diamond plate, power stabilizer jacks, and the fridge size was the same as the touring edition. By comparison the options included on the TE that I didn't get was the fireplace, key pad lock, fiberglass front cap, and the power tongue jack. The power tongue jack is an easy aftermarket addition. Paid just under 24k ..so I can't complain at all...hope that helps out.

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to weiman1983
We just bought a 2012 318 Touring Edition. Ours was about $1000 more than a 2011 non TE. We were told by a few dealerships that it was just a price increase from Prime Time. Personaly we love the upgrades. The upgraded suspension is great for towing and the bigger fridge is nice. As far as the fireplace, it's very quiet compared to the furnace.

According to the Prime Time website the 2012 non TE do come with the fiberglass cap.
weiman1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #5

Must be the newer 2012 that come with the cap..mine didn't. But I bought mine in November. I think there is another thread that said the newer 2012 do have the nicer cap. My fridge, however, is the same size as the fridge in the touring edition....happy shopping. I think you would be happy with either one, see what you can get the best deal on. I would have went for touring edition, but I didn't even know they existed when I was shopping. Had I known I'm sure I would have gone that way if the deal was right, but the standard unit is by far a great unit as well, and only has a few differences...

Old 02-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #6

You're right. They are both great units. I think Prime Time makes a great trailer. Happy camping!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #7
American Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfeck View Post
My wife and I are in the market for a new camper. We really like the 318BHS and started getting prices on this model. The one dealer we're talking to has a 318BHS Touring Edition. He tells me there's 4K worth of additional options of this camper vs the standard 318BHS (Power tongue jack, power stabilizers, color diamond plate, front fiberglass cap, fireplace, coded lock on door, and larger frig). I could care less about the fireplace and prefer the cabinets over the fireplace. I find it hard to believe these extra options cost an additional 4K. Plus I've been told the NEWER 2012 318BHS will come standard with the fiberglass cap. I think he's using the Touring Edition extra cost to ask more for the camper. I think there's value there but NOT 4K. Plus I hear PT advertises the Touring Edition with 4K FREE upgrades. What should I expect to pay for the Touring Edition above the standard 318BHS? Can someone confirm if the new 2012 standard 318BHS campers will include the fiberglass cap?

Thanks,
Doug
Doug did you end up buying the 318BHS? I ended up paying about 14k off sticker I hope this helps.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #8

The newer 2012 318BHS. Do have the fiberglass cap...found that out at the show today...since I didn't take delivery of my old style 2012 318....I'm actually trying to get the dealer to get me the newer style or the TE....but I'm guessing at the price I got..I doubt it will happen...I'll find out tomorrow I guess when I all the dealer back..maybe I'll get lucky...my wife really does want that fireplace...

Old 03-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #9
American Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
The newer 2012 318BHS. Do have the fiberglass cap...found that out at the show today...since I didn't take delivery of my old style 2012 318....I'm actually trying to get the dealer to get me the newer style or the TE....but I'm guessing at the price I got..I doubt it will happen...I'll find out tomorrow I guess when I all the dealer back..maybe I'll get lucky...my wife really does want that fireplace...
Mine does have the cap which is funny because for me I am all about eye candy even though it is also functional for aerodynamics but for me the upgrade to touring was about the jacks cap and wheels lol for the wife it was all about the fireplace.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy
I was in the boat as you. The minute my wife saw that fireplace the decision was final. If you can get the TE I think it's worth it (as long as the price is reasonable). Personally I REALLY like the power tongue jack and the bigger fridge.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #11

Puchase2d 318BHS

Yes, I did purchase a 2012 318BHS Touring Edition. I purchased from Stoltzfus RV in PA. I won't get into details but it was a very adventurous purchase. There were some mis-quoted information from the dealer that I ended up getting resolved from the factory. My experience from PT was exceptional. I sent a general EMAIL to them and was contacted by one of the VP's within a few hours. He was very candid about the 318BHS and explained everything to me. He went through the changes that were made to the non-touring edition. One of which was the standard front cap that is now added to the standard 318BHS. After I received my information from the factory I discussed with Stoltzfus and between me, them and Prime Time we worked it all out. I ended up getting a 2012 318BHS Touring Edition for around 26K. Stoltzfus delivered to my door (~380 miles away) and everything went very well. I would highly recommend Prime Time and Stoltzfus RV. Contact Bruce Waldman at Stiltzfus if you need a no hassle deal and straight up talk. Just remember, the Touring Edition is NO longer offered but the standard 318BHS is still a great camper. If you need more info just left me know I'll be more than happy to spill my guts on my entire purchase.

Thanks,
Doug
Old 03-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #12

I also bought my 318BHS at Stoltzfus. Ordered at the Hershey show last year. At that point, you could only order the Touring Edition with the upgrades, but they were advertised as "free" upgrades. Love the fireplace and the fridge. Paid just under 26k.

Happy camping.

jnamadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #13

That was one of our disagreements. The "free" upgrades weren't so free when we did our initial negotiations. However, everything worked out as the dealer was truly mis-understanding the invoice from PT.

Doug
Old 03-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #14

Well tomorrow I have to go to the dealer and find out if they will swap it. I bought my standard 318 in November..I take delivery next week. It is a 2012 but not with the new cap. At the show on Sunday the dealer still had 2 TE left...so I asked for a swap .seeing as I did not take delivery yet, but papers were signed and I have been paying on it since November. I also got a knockout price so we will have to see. Even if I have to pay a small difference I will...but I am also putting myself in the dealers shoes..why would they do the swap?

I at least did buy the electric tongue jack for mine, exact same one that comes on the TE. Got that on eBay for a good price so I will have that at least..

Tags
318bhs