Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #1

2013 Lacrosse 318 BHS

Hi there, just got our new rig last Saturday....looks great and quite impressed thus far with just about everything, i.e. fit and finish, towability, etc. Very pleased thus far...but washed and waxed it today for first time and noticed later that water was dripping from an access panel at the front of the underbelly. I didn't use high pressure water and didn't spray at any vents, etc. I am concerned that I have a leak somewhere. I did notice that the electrical wires coming through the front of the frame and going into the protected electrical junction box on the frame at the bottom of the front diamond plate are not sealed very good, i.e. there is an opening into the underbelly. The underbelly also has some gaps at the front of the coach. Could it be that water running down the front cap when washing found it's way into the under belly? I am hoping this is the case...anyone else out there experience this. Is this normal with an enclosed underbelly. Haven't had a fully enclosed underbelly yet. Sorry for my long thread here.

thanks,

Al
AWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #2

Upon further inspection, it would appear that the underbelly is not really sealed up all that well. Will have to rectify that or risk mice infestation next winter. Anyone else experience this with their Lacrosse?
Old 06-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #3

hmm going to have a look at mine when i get home but i remember having a pretty good look at the dealership and didnt notice any openings in my underbelly.
Hilgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to weiman1983
That's unfortunate. I didn't notice anything wrong with mine. Everything seems to be sealed up quite nice.
weiman1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #5

Mine is sealed up pretty well but anywhere there is a protrusion they have it all spray foamed with grey foam. It looks horrible. Im thinking about trimming it up so it at least looks better

2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318BHS
2008 F-250 Powerstroke
6.4 tow rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #6

We had mice for the first time this past winter. Looked and looked and looked and couldn't for the life of me find out where they got in. Underbelly seemed tight and plumbing entrances and exits were sealed with expanding foam. Then, while inspecting my dump valve handles, I found they were getting in through the opening in the frame where the rods go through. I'll be sealing tohse up this fall.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #7

2013 Lacrosse 318 BHS

Great trailer...but kind of disappointing to see that the underbelly appears quite flimsy and poorly sealed. I will have my work cut out for me to seal it up properly. There is a large gap by my dump valves too.

Oh well, could be worse. First trip out will be Fathers day weekend to Long Lake PP in Alberta. can't wait!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #8

I crawled under my trailer predelivery. I had a gap in the front of mine. Tech came out with a little caulk and metal screws....no more gap. You may want to spray in some insulation in the gap near the dump valves. My underbelly has a little sprayed in insulation that filled in any small gaps near my dump valves. PT usually does a good job insulating the dump valves. good luck
Old 06-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #9

2013 Lacrosse 318 BHS

Thanks padave....one of your posts on rv.net really helped sell me on the Lacrosse. They are surely nice units.

I think I am going to try rubber grommets/plugs for the holes in the frame, dump valves, etc. I noticed that there are a couple of nice round holes in the frame leading to the underbelly at the back of the coach. Would be pretty easy for mice to get into that underbelly. I am thinking I will seal things up good from the inside too, like where the various fresh water connections come up through the floor by the water pump, etc. If I seal everything real good on the inside and maybe cover up the furnace vents come winter time..maybe I won't get any rodents in the coach. Hopefully they cannot get into the furnace/heat ducting from the underbelly...cannot see how they won't get into the underbelly. Anyhow sure impressed thus far with what I can see of Prime Time.