Old 04-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
MovinSue

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT

Planning to receive delivery on new unit (with goodies) next month. It is waiting for me in CA and I will be travelling directly to the selling dealer with my bichon from FL. Trailer will then be transported and sited semi-permanently on remote northern CA coast and used seasonally.

This was an internet sale and I am sorta nervous-excited about how everything will work out.

I am a prior FR owner of a motorhome and disposed of it to change gears to a less mobile lifestyle in this TT. I am fortunate to be able to anticipate bicoastal living in such a comfortable and gorgeous TT!

This is a new floorplan and I would love to hear from anyone who has purchased one or, alternately, anyone who has a similar model /manufacturer/class who can share info about it. Although I have owned 5 motorhomes of various classes in the past, this is my first TT.

Maybe RVGuy can tell me which trailer this one most resembles insofar as how it was built!

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT
Towing Cassie the Dog, a privileged Bichon frise

Winters in FL--Summers in Northern CA
MovinSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Site Team

Awsum ...Im going to pick up my new 2014 lacrosse 323rts-te-c tomorrow. I too am nervous . I have been to many many shows as well. I will be trading my 2013 tracer2670bh.

R.I.P. Luke the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
MovinSue

I now have delivery of my 2013 PT Lacrosse 323RST and it is fierce! I mean that in a good way.

A couple of issues that I am seeking assistance for; I have not yet contacted Customer Service; forums are my first "go to" source for real-world information.

First, I am a solo female but am pretty handy. I prefer to tackle most jobs myself first before calling for help. The trailer is sited semi-permanently alongside a river on the northern California coast, inhabited seasonally and I do not anticipate moving it anytime soon. I am 500 miles from the nearest dealer for this unit, so taking the rig in for warranty service is out of the question.

Worst problem: TWO contractors for local cable/internet service provider have said that there is problem with internal wiring to the cable outlets in the rig which result in degradation of the signal. As a result, I can only use ONE of the TV's and I do not get an optimal picture. Cable internet is "borderline". Where and how can one find the splitters in the trailer to troubleshoot the wiring flaw that is causing the signal problem? Service providers will not touch wiring in the walls and say my only option is external "homerun" wiring. I know that this problem is rig-specific because others in the park have superior cable/internet signals.

Next Worst: The solid surface of the island counter scratches if you breathe heavy on it. Since in this model there is only ONE counter surface to work on/from, I have numerous scratches of varying depth and my week old counter looks like a it has been used/abused for years. What is this material and how can these scratches be removed? Further, what can be done longer term to prevent scratches/abrasions once one has repaired the surface? I understand there was a problem with older trailers but thought the problem had been fixed in 2012+ models.

Disappointing: Lane Furniture--so comfortable and attractive--has horrible wear characteristics. I have a dog who gets up on furniture and always has for 9 years and has never marred vinyl-like or leather furniture fabric. She is a small, well-groomed bichon and nails are clipped and smooth, but normal jumping on the couch has produced numerous defects in the vinyl! These are superficial abrasions and not perforations or gouges. My only defense is covering furniture with blankets--not an ideal fix. Is the furniture covering defective? Should I contact Lane? I took photos and it is disheartening to see the cosmetic damage in only a week's use.

Aside from these issues, the 323RST is a dream of a trailer. Everyone who has seen it has said OMG! The opposing living area slides gives an incredible spaciousness that astonishes visitors and storage is beyond generous. Only the bedroom is minimalist and if I were queen, I'd put another foot on this trailer and expand the bedroom. I am posting some pics in my album.

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT
Towing Cassie the Dog, a privileged Bichon frise

Winters in FL--Summers in Northern CA
MovinSue is offline   Reply With Quote