Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2017, 06:18 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
BBBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bassett, Va
Posts: 313
2013 Sanibel 3500 Shocks

Looking at replacing the shocks on my 2013 Sanibel 3500. Looking for information as to replacement shocks for this unit. Cannot locate any information on the OEM installed shocks. Checked out the Lippert site and they have two listed. Any assistance would be appreciated.
__________________

__________________
BTCM(SW) Ret USN
2013 Sanibel 3500
2013 Ram Truck 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
SeaDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,083
You might try the search function at the top right of the page and see what comes up good luck. Spent many hours banging burners on a 600 psi plant.
__________________

__________________
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab)
2017 RAM 2500 CC 4X4 Cummins Diesel
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:12 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
BBBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bassett, Va
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
You might try the search function at the top right of the page and see what comes up good luck. Spent many hours banging burners on a 600 psi plant.
Thanks! Those were the days!
__________________
BTCM(SW) Ret USN
2013 Sanibel 3500
2013 Ram Truck 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:17 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
BBBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bassett, Va
Posts: 313
Contact Forest River parts and they requested a photo of the shock. I sent them one with the numbers that were on the shock and they set me this reply.

"Your shocks part# is 10F10675A from Dexter Axle. However you cannot order directly from them. If you’re having trouble with dealers you can try Recreation Specialties at 574.264.9621, right around the corner from us, and place an order. They will ship directly to you."

So, I will contact Rec Spec for a delivered price and if it is ridiculous will take it down to NAPA.
__________________
BTCM(SW) Ret USN
2013 Sanibel 3500
2013 Ram Truck 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:35 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
BBBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bassett, Va
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBlue View Post
Contact Forest River parts and they requested a photo of the shock. I sent them one with the numbers that were on the shock and they set me this reply.

"Your shocks part# is 10F10675A from Dexter Axle. However you cannot order directly from them. If you’re having trouble with dealers you can try Recreation Specialties at 574.264.9621, right around the corner from us, and place an order. They will ship directly to you."

So, I will contact Rec Spec for a delivered price and if it is ridiculous will take it down to NAPA.
Called Recreation Specialties twice and left them a msg. No response. Must be extremely busy fixing travel trailers. Ordered Monroe Gas shock which have worked for others on their 5th wheel RV.
__________________
BTCM(SW) Ret USN
2013 Sanibel 3500
2013 Ram Truck 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:27 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 2,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBlue View Post
Called Recreation Specialties twice and left them a msg. No response. Must be extremely busy fixing travel trailers. Ordered Monroe Gas shock which have worked for others on their 5th wheel RV.

How did you determine the correct Monroe replacement? And, if they work/fit, please provide us with the part #.

Thanks
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:01 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
BBBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bassett, Va
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
How did you determine the correct Monroe replacement? And, if they work/fit, please provide us with the part #.

Thanks
Researched the internet on various RV sites and found several 5th wheel travel trailer owners replacing their shocks with Monroes. I pulled the original shocks and found one that was frozen, and the others worn out. I measured the extended length (11-7/8") compressed (7-7/8") and the Monroes 555001 Gas Magnum RV Shocks are the same. Will be putting them on when the rain stops. Got a good price from Rockauto and there is a rebate of $30. for 4.
http://www.monroe.com/en-US/e-catalog/555001/
__________________
BTCM(SW) Ret USN
2013 Sanibel 3500
2013 Ram Truck 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:02 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
BBBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bassett, Va
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
You might try the search function at the top right of the page and see what comes up good luck. Spent many hours banging burners on a 600 psi plant.
Hello SeaDog. I R a BT. You definitely know what that means. lol
__________________
BTCM(SW) Ret USN
2013 Sanibel 3500
2013 Ram Truck 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:42 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 2,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBlue View Post
Researched the internet on various RV sites and found several 5th wheel travel trailer owners replacing their shocks with Monroes. I pulled the original shocks and found one that was frozen, and the others worn out. I measured the extended length (11-7/8") compressed (7-7/8") and the Monroes 555001 Gas Magnum RV Shocks are the same. Will be putting them on when the rain stops. Got a good price from Rockauto and there is a rebate of $30. for 4.
555001 :: e-Catalog :: MONROE® SHOCKS & STRUTS

Thanks
__________________

__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2013, 3500, 500, sanibel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.


×