2013 Sanibel 3500 Two Year Later- Thank You Prime Time
This month marks our two year anniversary from when we bought the unit and ends our 2 year warranty from Prime Time. From what I am reading, everyone has had their issues with their units and I would like to share ours.
1. Upper frame flex issue- Prime Time stepped up to the plate and fixed the problem. Have pulled it 4145 miles (including I10 from Florida to Louisiana) since and the issue has not reoccurred. We have pulled the unit a total of 11,325 miles since owning. They had the unit picked up from Virginia and I decided to pickup the unit to QA repairs form Indiana. Prime Time reimbursed me for fuel and tolls. We camped out for a week at an Amish campsite to completely checkout the unit before heading back to Virginia.
2. Rear A/C condensate leaked into the rear ceiling area (living room). Repaired by Recreational Specialist during upper frame flex fix. This involved repairing source of leak, replacing all ceiling insulation, replacing all affected moulding.
3. Uncomforable original mattress replaced by Recreational Specialist. This replacement mattress was provided by Prime Time and was their "best" mattress put on the Sanibel line. After the first week of the replacement mattress uncomfortable use, we went out and bought a Trump Home Edition mattress at our cost to replace it. Prime Time did provide us $200.00 to offset the cost (over $1000 out of pocket, but worth it).
4. Water heater relay overheated due to a loose electrical connection, and fried the relay, wires and controller. I was on the road and fixed it myself with replacement controller and relay provided by Atwood under warranty. It took some talking to get them to send me the parts, since I was doing the repair. Being an Engineer in my past life helped a lot.
5. Propane regulator failed to operate properly- Prime Time sent me a replacement along with all the additional propane hoses on the unit.
6. Marathon tire blew out unexpectedly. Recreational Specialist repairs the cosmetic damage on Prime Time'd dime and replaced all tires with LT's at my own cost.
7. Electric fireplace did not operate properly- Prime Time replaced with upgraded model including remote.
8. Kitchen facet leaking through. Prime Time provided complete replacement including all lines/fittings.
9. Outside radio not operating properly (would come on by itself and/or continue to search disk when in FM mode). Prime Time sent me a new replacement radio.
Overall, I am extremely pleased with the unit. The real time response from Prime Time made the difference. I started out with the dealer and quickly learned that I would not get much from them except, "That is normal". Working with Prime Time directly is the way to go. Kudos to Prime Time's Rick Koelndorfer, Ralph Barkdull, and the rest of the Prime Time Customer Service and Service Dept.
I will keep this unit for many years before I ever consider trading it in for another one, for I feel that the majority of the issues will be discovered within the warranty period if the unit is used and pulled sufficiently (use it like you stole it). Looking forward to our next trip which will start in December heading for weather in the 70's.
BTCM(SW) Ret USN
2013 Sanibel 3500
2013 Ram Truck 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually
2015 Days camping-185
2016 Days camping-144