Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2016, 11:10 AM   #1

2013 Sanibel 3500 Unusual Noise

Just noticed a rattling noise coming within the wall when flushing the toilet or running water into the kitchen sink. This noise does not occur all the time, but mainly first thing in the am. Currently in Tucson, AZ where temps drop to the 30s at night and up into the 60-70 range during the day. I inspected the water lines below/behind lower storage compartment for leaks and loose brackets and found none. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found the source of the noise.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:32 PM   #2

Sounds like maybe the water line is leaning/vibrating against the wall when you run the water and/or some air is getting into the CG's water system hence, into your lines which will also cause vibration until the air is purged. Could be a clamp holding hoses has come loose somewhere. But, no leaks is a good thing.

I just re-read your post, could also be icy slush running through the lines since it's that cold in the AM.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #3

Wish I could be of assistance BBBlue....writing to you from wintery eastern Canada, where unfortunately we have our 3501 stored until the Spring thaw! I tend to agree with rracer5. The colder temps you are experiencing could be the source of those strange occurrences. Keep us posted of any further findings. Good luck!
dreamer5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:06 AM   #4

Having run my trailer into under 30F weather I really would not suspect icing up to happen if you are running the heat, even as a secondary. My suspicion would be no different from a house with banging water pipes, somewhere there is a loose clamp allowing it to bang around under hose or pump pressure.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, 3500, 500, noise, sanibel