Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #1

2014 2670...slideout shakes when opening or closing?????

I have had my tracer since last june...it is at the dealer in storage until next week. I forgot to ask this last year as I didn't think it was an issue. But I notice when I open or close the slideout it shakes or bounces the trailer while its opening or closing... I have not had any issues otherwise.. Maybe this is just a normal thing.. im brand new to TT... is it normal for the slide to make the trailer shake when it opens? I was gonna mention it to my dealer since he is inspecting it next week before I pick it up, but im very afraid that there is nothing wrong with it but they will dive into it and turn nothing into a something.. I just don't want them wrenching stuff if its normal(warranty runs out in June)... Its not a big bounce that you have to hold on, but you can feel it bouncing a bit...
btw, the dealer is Alpin Haus in upstate NY... do these guys have a good service reputation???? thank you...
yankeeslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #2

Some vibration is normal. Most likely lubricating the slideout mechanism will make it better.
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
Some vibration is normal. Most likely lubricating the slideout mechanism will make it better.
X2 lube the seals / wipers all around the slide inside and out.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #4

anyone know

how to lubricate my slide? the inside that is... cables, motor? what inside needs to be lubricated on a tracer? what part of the cable system
Old 04-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeslover View Post
how to lubricate my slide? the inside that is... cables, motor? what inside needs to be lubricated on a tracer? what part of the cable system
Shot of silicone on the pulleys. I did the seals on my 2670 on the inside too.
. From the outside all you get is the outside seals. Waxing the slide sides helps to with smoother operation.
But then again I've been know to be a little anal about my toys.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 04-16-2014, 06:19 AM   #6

My 2014 2670 is at Alpin Haus also . We are first timers too picked the TT early Feb and went to Fla till end of March . I told the dealer about the shake in the slide out when I brought it back for a few minor service issues . Don't know what the outcome is yet will keep you posted .
Ikanrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #7

how did u make out with your slide at alpin haus?

my slide still shakes and vibrates when i open and close it..it rocks the camper.. i lubricated everything. dealer said this is all normal..maybe it is... i am now about 3 hours away from dealer at my seasonal site, and one more month left in warranty..im gonna be livid if something is really wrong... i did notice the other day with it closed that there looks to be some slack to the cables.. but i really dont know what im looking at nor if cables should have slack or not... slide seems ok otherwise... seems good allignment.. like i said, doesnt bother me only rocks when opening and closing, i just hope im not asking for trouble later on because im not that handy and my camper is three hours from dealer...thanks
Old 05-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeslover View Post
my slide still shakes and vibrates when i open and close it..it rocks the camper.. i lubricated everything. dealer said this is all normal..maybe it is... i am now about 3 hours away from dealer at my seasonal site, and one more month left in warranty..im gonna be livid if something is really wrong... i did notice the other day with it closed that there looks to be some slack to the cables.. but i really dont know what im looking at nor if cables should have slack or not... slide seems ok otherwise... seems good allignment.. like i said, doesnt bother me only rocks when opening and closing, i just hope im not asking for trouble later on because im not that handy and my camper is three hours from dealer...thanks
Make sure you have documented the issue and that you raised the issue before your warranty expires. Keep emails to the dealer, etc. This should provide some evidence that the issue was raised -- hopefully Primetime will honor that. (Of course, they may take the position that the warranty work must be done during the warranty period, but I doubt that would stick if you pushed the issue.)
kohai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:56 AM   #9
Toy-aholic

mine shakes too...pretty normal
Old 05-06-2014, 06:00 AM   #10
Site Team

Some minor shaking can be normal. If the seals are treated/ lubed /slides sides clean / rollers turning ok and cables adjusted correctly your most likely fine. My tracer 2670 slide worked smooth. I did have a prob with the wood catching on the wear bar and screws from the furniture going threw the bottom of the slide.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forest River Forums mobile app

Zelda the campin dog
Old 05-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #11

Lovely

Roger from Primetime just called..says that the slide should run smooth and shouldnt rock or shake the camper when opening... advised me to get it back into the dealer... Im not too happy.. just spent good money on getting this thing towed up to my campsite..and now i will have to pay money to tow it back to dealer and then back to camp again.... when it was just at the dealer two weeks ago and they said it was normal.....
Old 05-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #12

Maybe they should pay for your towing . This is our first experience with the service department , but I did talk to Dave when we were in Florida and he helped me with an issue over the phone .
Ikanrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #13

Take a video of it and send it to PT, get them to confirm that the behavior is normal or not. Perhaps even post it here, others can comment.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:06 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
Take a video of it and send it to PT, get them to confirm that the behavior is normal or not. Perhaps even post it here, others can comment.
good idea

Zelda the campin dog
Old 05-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
good idea
My dinette slide kind of shakes a little when it goes in or out but I attribute that to the nylon gear that drives the slide and it being the biggest slide on my camper. Otherwise it opens and closes just fine and it seals well so I don't worry about it.

Now if the motor sounded heavy labored then I would have it looked at.

I hope yours is fine.
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:14 PM   #16

Mine shakes also...dealer tech last fall said nothing was out of the norm on it. Tonight my drive system just blew up mid slide. I'd watch it closely.
Dan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan66 View Post
Mine shakes also...dealer tech last fall said nothing was out of the norm on it. Tonight my drive system just blew up mid slide. I'd watch it closely.
What kind of unit do you have?

It might be a good idea to put that info in your signature. That way it lets everybody know.

Zelda the campin dog

Tags
2014, slide, slide out