Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #1

2014 2670 tracer.. when did they update this season???

I purchased a 2014 tracer 2670bh in june. I was looking online today at different pics of other 2014 tracer 2670 models and I noticed somethings were different. The headboard in the master bed on mine has a cushion like backing, online I noticed they now have more of a nightstand.. also the sink on mine is stainless wheras the ones online now are white.. and it doesn't look like the newer ones have a tv that swings around like mine does.. different radio then mine and mine came with leather lane couch and the ones now come with cloth couches..
I Guess im just wondering why and when they would update the same model midyeaer? are companies known to do this? does anyone know if any other changes were done compared to my early year model? oh, I also noticed the rims on the newer ones look aluminum.. I hope mine is really a 2014 and not a late 2013 that dealer jipped me on... thanks..
yankeeslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Site Team

RV manufacturers often make mid-year changes in their models.
that's why in the fine print, their brochures/websites state that they can make changes.
like what FR has on their brochures:

All specifications contained herein are based on the latest product information
at time of printing. Forest River reserves the right to make changes in colors,
materials, equipment and specifications at any time without notice and assumes
no responsibility for any errors in this brochure

all manufacturers do this, not just FR.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
Always Learning

Yep, my early 2013 camper is significantly different than the later 2013s. New front cap style and all. They had some things offered as options that I would have loved to have been a choice.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #4

Same with our 2014 295RST, there are some significant differences.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #5

out of all the changes

I think I would of liked the led lighting the best. But considering I hardly ever dry camp I would think really no benefit in led lighting.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #6

My 2014 Tracer 230FBS was built July 18th 2013 and has the new designs. The mid year changes i've noticed, headboard cubby vs pad. Solid bedroom doors vs accordion type. 24" tv vs 32" that no longer swivels but has a separate mount in the bedroom. The slam latch catches are redesigned. I don't consider most of these improvements and I think a lot was actually sacrificed to get solid bedroom doors, but I love the camper nonetheless
Old 11-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #7

wow

Those are nice improvements. So they now come with a bigger tv and solid doors??? I hate my accordian doors. I now wish I waited a month. I feel jipped.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #8

Smaller tv(24"). The solid doors slide together behind the entertainment center so in the bedroom all you can see is the two doors side by side. This means a swivel tv won't work and the bedroom might be a little shorter. I have 77.5" from the headboard to the bedroom doors and I thought the early models had 78". My queen mattress is 78" so I would have prefered it the other way unless the accordion doors are that bad. I can't squeeze a queen in there now because the doors have to be able to slide.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
Professional Curmudgeon

If you are concerned about the vintage of your camper, take a look on the title. It'll say 2013 or 2014. This is something beyond the control of the dealer, and will accurately reflect your TT's model year.
Camper design is an ongoing process. As materials from various vendors become available or are no longer available, changes are incorporated into the unit's design. If you assume that all changes are improvements, then it stands to reason that you should buy the last issue of any given model year run. Otherwise, enjoy what you have, and perhaps modify it whenever you come across a production change you like.
For example, there is probably no reason you couldn't install solid sliding doors in your camper, if you really don't like the folding doors.
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote