Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
Somewhat right of center

2014 Crusader 260 dining table

Another small problem. After playing around with the camper yesterday I noticed my free standing dining room table is warped, crescent shaped downward. I was surprized since it's a pretty thick and reinforced. I'm going to ask the dealer to get me a new one and hopefully I can bring in the table by itself instead of the whole camper. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 04-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabbyguy View Post
Another small problem. After playing around with the camper yesterday I noticed my free standing dining room table is warped, crescent shaped downward. I was surprized since it's a pretty thick and reinforced. I'm going to ask the dealer to get me a new one and hopefully I can bring in the table by itself instead of the whole camper. Has anyone else had this problem?

Clif - my 2013 crusader 295rst had to have the table replaced for exactly the same reason, dealer and factory took care of it no problem
Clif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
Somewhat right of center

Thanks Clif, nice to know.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
Somewhat right of center

Got a call from the dealer the other day asking for pictures of the table with a straight edge/level on it to send to primetime. Today I was notified the table is ordered.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabbyguy View Post
Got a call from the dealer the other day asking for pictures of the table with a straight edge/level on it to send to primetime. Today I was notified the table is ordered.

Can you post the picture of the warped table?
Old 08-28-2014, 01:14 PM   #6

Update-- replacement table is now defective trim on bottom is separating and in on case splitting suspect that if I put a straight edge on it the top is also warped. Head board in 29rst replaced three times for warpage as much as three inch bow after third time we decided to leave it off and use the storage chamber as is since it is finished. Plan on eventually purchasing a new table in the after market if I can determine a model that won't warp and disassemble itself. Info -- the trim on the table is not wood but some kind of synthetic that expands at a different rate that the table top and does not return to size after it expands.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Clif is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, crusader