Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2016, 08:58 AM   #1

2014 Crusader 360 BHS 15k AC not cooling

HELP!!!

My main 15k Dometic isn't cooling! We are the 2nd owners so called Dometic and they say no go on the factory warranty(didn't like that). I have had the t-stat on hi, lo and Au but no change. Can hear the unit cycle but the cold pipe isn't cold and it doesn't "pee" water. the fins are clean of any debris and i have checked, cleaned both ceiling filters.......Really don't wanna have to replace a less than 2 yr old AC. Thoughts/suggestions please??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dometic.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	375.7 KB
ID:	110384  
2014 Prime Time Crusader 360 BHS
AsWeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #2

2014 Crusader 360BHS A/C

Me too. First time out with new to us camper and A/C not cooling below 80. Hooked up to 30amp. So only one unit going. Did not feel like any air in bunk room at all. Scheduled service, but two weeks out. Hopefully, some insight from current owners!
jaja141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja141 View Post
Me too. First time out with new to us camper and A/C not cooling below 80. Hooked up to 30amp. So only one unit going. Did not feel like any air in bunk room at all. Scheduled service, but two weeks out. Hopefully, some insight from current owners!
JAJA, where are you located? Depending on your location the heat may be your issue. I am in SE Texas and one AC here will be doing good to hold 80 during the day.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonkid View Post
JAJA, where are you located? Depending on your location the heat may be your issue. I am in SE Texas and one AC here will be doing good to hold 80 during the day.

X-2. The 360BHS is a large 5'er. at almost 41', 1 A/C will struggle to cool that unit especially with all those slides. Do you have slide toppers to help keep direct sunlight off the slides roofs? Equal airflow from all vents is always an issue in RV's due to physics of airflow, type of ducting, obstructions etc.

Always better to use both A/C's when possible (depending on power source availability of course). So, planning ahead when heading out and making reservations (50 amp availability) will help a lot.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:28 PM   #5

It was Hot☀️

Outside temps over 90F here in Indiana. I understand one unit not keeping up, but bigger concern was lack of flow to rear. My 12 year old 32 footer had single unit and would keep it cool even on hot days. It did have less slide out space. In-laws have 35' with 3 sliders and it will freeze you out. Going out again soon so we will see if anything changes. Thanks for reply.
jaja141 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, cooling, crusader