Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #21

We stumbled across one last year, but went with the 245 because of length as well. The 2670 wasn't on PTs website last year either. Does anyone know if manufacturers make some floor plans for the larger dealers? We almost drove out with the 2670, couch is real nice, but we are an active family and spend most of our time outside.
Copexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copexp View Post
We stumbled across one last year, but went with the 245 because of length as well. The 2670 wasn't on PTs website last year either. Does anyone know if manufacturers make some floor plans for the larger dealers? We almost drove out with the 2670, couch is real nice, but we are an active family and spend most of our time outside.
I had downloaded the Tracer brochure from the PT website a while ago and wondered why the 245BHS was not in there. Now I look again and notice the 2670 is also not in there. I thought maybe it was an older brochure but apparently is was the newest. It would be nice if they labeled that floor plan as "dealer stock only" on the website but....... We thought we finally found the perfect camper for the family. Time to start from square one again. We have a camper so no big deal but was hoping to have the new one for the first trip this year.
Gaffer222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #23
Site Team

Unless you have little kids the bunk in the 2670 are not user friendly. I had a 2013 2670.
I never had a hard time getting the 2670 into any camping spot. It tows great with a 1/2 ton. Imo the Tracer is better then the Kodiak.
If you get a 2670 I would get one w/o the jack knife couch its a pos. I seen other 2670 with nicer couches then what I had in mine.
The 2670bhs has never been on pt web site to my knowledge.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer222 View Post
Called the dealer at the beginning of March and the sales manager told me on the phone they should getting new 245BHS units in by end of March. He put me on hold while he checked his orders/delivery dates. I emailed Prime Time with questions on the unit yesterday and they told me today the 245BHS has been discontinued and no units are being shipped. Why would the sales manager at the dealer lie? To be expected I guess but what's the upside to saying it's coming in and it's not?

Need to start over on our search.

Don't feel too bad. The same thing happened to us this past November. We had been looking at the Sanibel 3400 (and others, comparing) for almost 3 years. When we couldn't find one close enough to us with the decor we wanted. Soooooo, we broke down and ordered one. All the paperwork was submitted for a 3400, several e-mails exchanged titled "Sanibel 3400", phone calls made regarding pre-production "add ons" etc. Dealer gets a call a week before delivery telling them "oh, by the way, we're not making the 3400's and more, we're sending the new 3250." It only has a few minor changes but the basic layout is the same so, although not happy about not being informed sooner, we actually liked it better, settled on it and are very happy.

Seems that PT is changing, adding and deleting models in the past few months faster than in the past. It seems that everytime I check their web site, there is something new or something gone. That's probably a good thing. Instead of sitting on their laurels and pushing out the "same ole thing", they are constantly inovating and listening to PT owners and making changes that many owners and "lookers" would like to see.

I hope you find something else in the PT line up, we'd all love to welcome a new PT crewmember!

Prime Time,
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote