Old 02-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #1

2014 Tracer 245BHS Question

Looking at possibly purchasing one of these. We are waiting for a semi local dealer to take delivery so we can see this model.

Can anyone tell me if there is a vent fan in the bathroom on these units. Hard to see from any pictures online. I called PT and was told no but I think I see one in one of the pictures online. Very strange it would not have a fan vent in the bathroom. Looks like a vent without a fan in the kitchen just outside the bathroom door. We would plan on adding a MaxxAir or Fantastic fan in the kitchen vent but would hope there was one in the bathroom. Also looks like they changed to a non spinning TV.

Other mods we would want dealer to add at time of purchase would be Doors on dinette ends and slide awning.

Any input or concerns the with 24BHS please respond.

Thx

Old 02-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #2

Bathroom vent will have one of those dinky fans that basically just make noise. About 5 inches in diameter and moves no air at all. Most people remove it and add max air fan using the old wiring.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
Bathroom vent will have one of those dinky fans that basically just make noise. About 5 inches in diameter and moves no air at all. Most people remove it and add max air fan using the old wiring.
Thanks, I'm aware of what is usually there for a vent/fan.

Question is: Is there a vent at all in the bathroom in this model? Looking for someone who owns one or has looked at one that has first hand knowledge of if it's there or not
Old 02-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #4

I think it has to be there by some code or a standard due to the fact it's a bathroom.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
I think it has to be there by some code or a standard due to the fact it's a bathroom.
I would hope so............
Old 02-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #6

Looking at pics on PT's web sight, I don't even see "the edge" of a ceiling vent in the bathroom let alone any type of fan in the vent.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #7

I think I found a picture of the bathroom showing a vent. Not sure why the PT rep on the phone said there is not one unless they changed mid year how they building the units.

2014 Prime Time Tracer 245bhs, Bonney Lake WA - 111357324 - RVTrader.com

Old 03-02-2014, 05:12 PM   #8

Yes there is one in ours
Old 03-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copexp View Post
Yes there is one in ours
Thanks, How long have you had the unit. Any issues or info on that model. We have done extensive research and narrowed it down to the 245BHS but have not actually seen one yet. Dealer is supposed to be getting some in in the next couple weeks.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:25 PM   #10

We have had it since last May, and love it. Two small kids sleep in bunks and two bigger kids sleep in tent. Ours is a Touring Edition so the bigger fridge is nice. Only issues we have had are what I consider normal, loose screws...etc, except for the underside wear, look at the other thread for that, and I'll fabricate a repair for that soon. Would recommend/buy again.