Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 12:47 PM   #1
StayinWarm

Post 2015 Sanibel 3251 fifth wheel- water leak in basement ceiling under shower

Hello, Recently purchased new 2015 Sanibel 3251 fifth wheel, got to camp in it 2x, noticed slight water leaking/ dripping from basement/storage roof area (aluminum channel running along> outside edge of ceiling, left side, right by access door. The shower is directly above this area. Was wondering if anyone else ran across this?
I think it's possible it's coming from the shower drain, because it only started to drip after using it, but we're also looking to see if maybe the water line to the residential refrigerator wasn't hooked up, the unit didn't come with an ice maker, but it had a water filter set-up in it, and when you push the filtered water button you can hear the frig. pump running. We're hooked up to campground water, not running the demand pump.
This is our second fifth wheel, so far my wife and I love this fifth wheel, it has many great features, except for a couple of electrical issues I was able to fix, it has been great.
Beerepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerepair View Post
Hello, Recently purchased new 2015 Sanibel 3251 fifth wheel, got to camp in it 2x, noticed slight water leaking/ dripping from basement/storage roof area (aluminum channel running along> outside edge of ceiling, left side, right by access door. The shower is directly above this area. Was wondering if anyone else ran across this?
I think it's possible it's coming from the shower drain, because it only started to drip after using it, but we're also looking to see if maybe the water line to the residential refrigerator wasn't hooked up, the unit didn't come with an ice maker, but it had a water filter set-up in it, and when you push the filtered water button you can hear the frig. pump running. We're hooked up to campground water, not running the demand pump.
This is our second fifth wheel, so far my wife and I love this fifth wheel, it has many great features, except for a couple of electrical issues I was able to fix, it has been great.

Pull your panel to the rear of your docking station and take a look. Lots of connections behind there and you may find a simple loose connection. If you see it coming from the line that goes up to the shower, you may have to pull the shower faucet out and check the connections behind it.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:15 AM   #3
StayinWarm

TU for replying, thought I had it fixed, found shower spray hose slightly leaking at diverter, recaulked the back and inside all around valve body. Can't get to back of shower to remove nuts holding valve into fiberglass unit- it's all sealed, only way I can see is to cut backing of kitchen pantry closet to gain access. All hoses in basement area connections all completely dry, I'm thinking water is dripping down back side of fiberglass shower unit, from inside the diverter valve.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:18 AM   #4

How does the area where the shower wall meets the shower pan look?
Old 04-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #5
StayinWarm

Shower unit on Sanibel fifth wheel is all one piece, it was placed in coach before walls, etc.were finished , it leaks all the time whether shower is on or off.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:24 PM   #6

The fridges in both the Sanibel and the Crusaders do not have water lines hooked up to them. Unfortunately we found that out after we bought it, quite a disapointment. They are standard residential counter depth fridges. Really wish there was a way to have water to the fridge and have those features. Other manufactures have them and a detailed process for when it comes time to winterize the unit.
OnyxSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #7
StayinWarm

Red face Sanibel 3251 inside plumbing leak

Thanks for info. It would be nice to have water going into the residental refrigerator, since it has a water dispenser inside.
I have contacted Primetime- Roger Stickel , to see if he could shed some light on this issue, we're using the rv 'seasonally', but can't use the water now. The dealer I purchased it from, is willing to come out and look at it, but doesn't seem to know much about it.
Need to find out if access to this shower valve is done by cutting a access hatch/ cover in pantry. I would like to replace this valve anyway, doesn't seem to be of great quality.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Thanks for info. It would be nice to have water going into the residental refrigerator, since it has a water dispenser inside.
I have contacted Primetime- Roger Stickel , to see if he could shed some light on this issue, we're using the rv 'seasonally', but can't use the water now. The dealer I purchased it from, is willing to come out and look at it, but doesn't seem to know much about it.
Need to find out if access to this shower valve is done by cutting a access hatch/ cover in pantry. I would like to replace this valve anyway, doesn't seem to be of great quality.

If your model has a linen closet on the same side of the shower where the faucet is, there is a space behind the linen closet (if you look close, the linen closet is shallower than the depth of the shower). A little dismantling of the linen closet should get you access to the valve.

EDIT: DUH..... I just re-read your OP.....you have the same model as I (except non-residential fridge) so yup, linen closet on the left as you walk in.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #9
StayinWarm

TU for replying, Great info.! I have the capable folks from Primetime, and my selling dealership involved, they're coming out to fix this week
Old 05-15-2015, 12:35 PM   #10
StayinWarm

Water leak repaired in Primetime fifth wheel

Leak was repaired this week, My selling dealership - Scott Motor Coach of Lakewood NJ, sent out a repair tech, they found badly connected water hose behind shower going to the diverter valve. Hopefully this will end interior water problems for awhile, we can go on enjoying our RV.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Leak was repaired this week, My selling dealership - Scott Motor Coach of Lakewood NJ, sent out a repair tech, they found badly connected water hose behind shower going to the diverter valve. Hopefully this will end interior water problems for awhile, we can go on enjoying our RV.

I had suck a bad experience with them, and they lowball you on everything except selling you a new one, will never use them again

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-16-2015, 07:36 PM   #12

Quote:

How did they get to the connections?
Old 05-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #13
StayinWarm

They removed panel, top shelf of linen closet , I had to see for myself what was done, I fashioned a tool from a large paper clip made a hook on the end, to gently pry the panel out. They replaced small piece of hose and put factory style crimp clamps back on , no leaks😁. When removing panel , I had take my time, pieces of wood / panels can scratch up easily.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:40 PM   #14

Quote:
They removed panel, top shelf of linen closet , I had to see for myself what was done, I fashioned a tool from a large paper clip made a hook on the end, to gently pry the panel out. They replaced small piece of hose and put factory style crimp clamps back on , no leaks😁. When removing panel , I had take my time, pieces of wood / panels can scratch up easily.

:-):-):-)

Tags
fifth wheel, leak, sanibel, show, shower, water, water leak, wheel