Old 11-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #1
2016 Avenger furnace issues

We have had our 2016 Avenger 26BH out two times when the furnace has quit working. After a day or so of working just fine, the furnace would kick on for about 30 seconds, never try to ignite, and then turn off. It would only blow cold air. The first time it happened, we removed the outside panel to view the fault light, and determined the problem was an airflow issue. We then took the unit in to the dealer. They were unable to duplicate the problem, so didn't do anything to fix it. The second time it happened, we determined that the furnace would run if the outside panel was off, but not if the panel was on. I contacted Atwood, who agreed that the air intake was insufficient for the furnace to run, but they did not give me any advice on how to fix it. Has anyone else had this problem? Or have any advice on how to fix it?

hachig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
I would think the air intake is the same on yours as any other avenger model. I have a 2013 26BH, but have had no problems with mine.

chris1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:14 PM   #3
2016 Avenger furnace issues

Check the outflow side of the heater. Make sure there is no restriction in the ducting.
Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #4
I have the same Avenger with the same problem. My dealer told me there is a new outside door for the furnace available. Have your dealer investigate further or check with Forest River yourself to see if this is correct. My Avenger is currently at my dealer for the winter so I have not seen the new door yet. Hope this helps you.
Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #5
Mine started trying to run on it's own. It would click on and then off. I took out fuses and adjusted the thermostat down to no avail. Called my dealer and he told me how to get to the on/off switch from the outside. I turned it off and back on and it cured the problem for now. No problems since but have only used it 2 times so who knows. I will keep your solutions in mind.
jswatzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:55 PM   #6
Check your duct work for kinks and blockages. My Lacrosse's furnace was limiting (over heating) due to excessive ducting in the bathroom outlet. After removing the outlet (register) cover there was more than six feet of excess ducting that was kicked and coiled like a snake. I removed the excess and no more problems. If it's an airflow issue you either have a bad motor (doubtful if new), bad sail switch (doubtful) or blocked or limited flow through the duct work. Don't trust your service dept to really investigate. I was told three different times the problem could not be duplicated. I decided to fix it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2914 Tracer 2950BHS
Griswalds is offline   Reply With Quote