Old 07-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #1

2016 Crusader 28RK water tank leaking

Purchased Crusader 28RK on the 8th of June and getting ready for first dry camping trip. Filled the water tank and put some supplies in camper. Went to check every thing before leaving and water tank sensor said tank empty. Started filling and noticed water dripping under camper. Checked bottom and noticed plastic bulging. One of the screws holding bottom plastic in place tore loose and I could see water laying on the liner. Local dealer said that it would be 31 Aug before they could get to it. The dealer that I purchased it from is 300 miles away and said they will let me know tomorrow when they can get to it. What a bummer.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:47 PM   #2

Pull the belly cover down on one side and have a look, may be a simple easy fix.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:08 PM   #3

Had the same problem during the PDI on my 28RL. The drain bung was bad. Replaced before purchase.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpforsyth View Post
Had the same problem during the PDI on my 28RL. The drain bung was bad. Replaced before purchase.

That's what I mean about a proper PDI. These thinks are caught and taken care of before you leave the lot. ALL systems (and tanks) should be checked for proper operation!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #5

I had them fill all tanks to the top. I have seen cracks in tanks near the top of the tanks. You should of seen the dealer at my first appointment with water pouring out of the bottom of the unit.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:34 PM   #6

Not good to hear. I am supposed to be picking up a Crusader at the end of the month. Thankfully, this is our third trailer and this dealer performs a thorough PDI.
42 nights camping in 2015
61 nights in 2016 (still not enough!)
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:02 PM   #7

Water tank leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1942 View Post
Purchased Crusader 28RK on the 8th of June and getting ready for first dry camping trip. Filled the water tank and put some supplies in camper. Went to check every thing before leaving and water tank sensor said tank empty. Started filling and noticed water dripping under camper. Checked bottom and noticed plastic bulging. One of the screws holding bottom plastic in place tore loose and I could see water laying on the liner. Local dealer said that it would be 31 Aug before they could get to it. The dealer that I purchased it from is 300 miles away and said they will let me know tomorrow when they can get to it. What a bummer.
I did a pre inspection. Tank was 1/2 full and no leak. Only started when I completely filled the tank when I got it home. The selling dealer checked it and orders a new tank from Primetime. Will take about 3 weeks to receive new tank.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #8

Take a trip to northern IN. Have the factory look at it. Should be quicker than 3 weeks to get a tank. An RV trip to Amish country around Elkart is a nice trip.

Tags
crusader, leak, tank, water, water tank