Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2016, 07:49 AM   #1

2016 Crusader lite 28RL

We looked at one over the weekend and its a step up from our 25ft TT. I see this post from last year, anyone have any updates on how its going with the 2016 Crusader lite 28RL?

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...8rl-88115.html

Thanks,
Tyson
tbone40x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:46 PM   #2

Have a 2015, 2016 are pretty much the same. Love it, we are on are first big trip this year. Going down to South Texas from Chicago area. At Crater of Diamonds SP in AR currently. Have pulled it about 6000 miles so far. Need to upgrade suspension bushings if you are planning on pulling it more than 5000 miles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1461635044840.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	106117  
jpforsyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:23 AM   #3

thanks JP. Is there a LP low side quick connect for a grill on the 28RL?
Old 04-26-2016, 01:46 PM   #4

Not on my 2015.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:37 PM   #5

JP
Have you had issues with your bushings?

2015 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 Diesel CC SB, Demco 18K Hijacker Auto Slide, Pace Edwards Electric Tonneau, TST TPMS 507 Standard Sensors, Titan 50 Gallon Midship Fuel Tank

2016 Prime Time Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel, Dometic Slide Toppers
KEG_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:09 PM   #6

Yes, I only got about 3000 miles until the nylon byshings wore thru. I got adjustment help from Prime Time. I installed the Dexter Upgrade kit with bronze bushings. It works great.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #7

Currently in Corpus Christi TX. Going to look at pulling it out onto the beach tomorrow. :-) Hope I do not get stuck:-)
Old 04-28-2016, 02:03 PM   #8

I have a 2016 28rl...there is no connection for external propane...I bought an adapter tee that connects to one of my tanks and route a propane hose to barbecue so that I do not have to carry separate tank...
I have had issues with my unit...

-under cushions on couch...wears the underneath of cushions from brackets on bed
-black outside water door does not fit properly
-linoleum tore from slideout
-air movement in bedroom ...does not seem to provide enough air
-ceiling wallpaper not glued at some of the cross strips
-short black molding on driver's slide,,,was cut too short
-check out roof some delamination and bumps Thees bumps look like pieces of wood left and roof put on top
-opening in back of stove...a slot about 3" behind stove...looks like cut too wide or this may be used for heat circulation

Bottom line is check out everything you can before buying...above seem to be common problems not only with Prime time but also other manufacturers...
otherwise nice unit and tows nicely with my Ford f 250...6.2 litre motor
Tula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula View Post
I have a 2016 28rl...there is no connection for external propane...I bought an adapter tee that connects to one of my tanks and route a propane hose to barbecue so that I do not have to carry separate tank...
I have had issues with my unit...

-under cushions on couch...wears the underneath of cushions from brackets on bed
-black outside water door does not fit properly
-linoleum tore from slideout
-air movement in bedroom ...does not seem to provide enough air
-ceiling wallpaper not glued at some of the cross strips
-short black molding on driver's slide,,,was cut too short
-check out roof some delamination and bumps Thees bumps look like pieces of wood left and roof put on top
-opening in back of stove...a slot about 3" behind stove...looks like cut too wide or this may be used for heat circulation

Bottom line is check out everything you can before buying...above seem to be common problems not only with Prime time but also other manufacturers...
otherwise nice unit and tows nicely with my Ford f 250...6.2 litre motor

I'm a little confused , "ceiling wallpaper"? As far as I know, the ceiling panels are not papered so, the "unglued" issue may be related to your "delamination and bumps" on the roof. If they are in the same area, you could be having water intrusion which is causing the ceiling panels to delam at the edges under the ceiling strips.😞
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:07 PM   #10

not on ceiling but the 1 1/2" strips that run the length of ceiling...they are papered but separating at the ends,,,not big deal
Tula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:57 AM   #11

Recently picked up a new 2017 28RL.....very pleased overall. We use it like a cabin so it sits in the same place for the summer season. No camper is ever perfect and there are things that could have been done better, but we are happy with it.

Our biggest complaint is the poor instruction manual combined with a lack of knowledge by the dealer. For example, there is a winterizing station that is not even mentioned in the manual, and the dealer said he was not sure how it worked. There are other questions, but this is one example.
Dryfly46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryfly46 View Post
Recently picked up a new 2017 28RL.....very pleased overall. We use it like a cabin so it sits in the same place for the summer season. No camper is ever perfect and there are things that could have been done better, but we are happy with it.

Our biggest complaint is the poor instruction manual combined with a lack of knowledge by the dealer. For example, there is a winterizing station that is not even mentioned in the manual, and the dealer said he was not sure how it worked. There are other questions, but this is one example.
This is the place to get answers. When you need, just ask away.👍👍
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crusader