Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2015, 04:06 PM   #1

2016 Crusader Lite 28RL

Any experience or information with 2016 PrimeTime Crusader 28 RL. We plan to purchase in next few days. We love the opposing slides and floor plan. It does not have the higher trim level as some of the other units we are looking at. But, trim levels are not always the most important. Thanks, marni
marni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:38 PM   #2

crusader 28 RL

We purchased that model 2016 and so far so good...have spent about 2 weeks in it....the recliners are a bit of a chore to move to allow room for slides..the bottom metal brckets for curtain are a pain, keep on breaking of , think will leave them like that...
the foldout bed has only a 2'' MATTRESS, S VERY uncomfortable for adults, and watch out when opening it, wants to wear down on side of the arms
the slide want to leave a mark on lino floor but laid a teflon board down to prevent this from happening
we were in 105 deg temp and the air cond worked nicely in living area but cud not cool the bedroom down, installed a fantastic fan in bedroom and should make a difference
All in all, we love the unit and wud recommend it and tows very nicely with 6.2 L ford f 250 gas
Gil
Tula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #3

Thanks for the information. We are waiting for our hitch to pick up the unit. This info will help. We would like to keep in contact because we may have more questions. Thanks,
Old 07-29-2015, 11:04 PM   #4

Bought a 2015 this past spring. Already pulled it about 5,000 miles. Pulls great with 2013 2500HD Chevy Duramax. It is a solid unit. Camped below freezing and above 90 at Mrytle Beach. Some debug issues. Registers on the furnace are not balanced. Used steel wool in ducts from furnace to balance. Same with airconditioning. Taped duct connection to furnace. Cleaned a lot of construction debris from appliance compartments. Slides drugged on bottom. Re-adjusted slide height. Replaced bushings on suspension equalizer. Repaired skylight in bathroom. Re-attached miscellaneous interior trim. Replaced the thermostat on the hotwater heater to one that the temperature can be set lower.
After saying all of that, I would buy the unit again. It is a well build solid well designed unit. Primetime has been extremely accommodating and helpful in addressing any questions or issues. Only design issues is no coat closet for brooms and coats. To enter the bathroom from bedroom you need to step down into main living area to open bathroom door. Also the recliners are hard to move and the curtain hold downs are always getting knocked off. I have not strapped down chairs or recliners during towing. Just keep the recliner pushed close to the center console so the recliners do not hit the curtain hold downs. The pull out couch bed is only for children. The support bar will hit you right in the shoulder blades. Enjoy your new 5th wheel. This is only the second new unit I have bought. The first one was a 93 Dutchman Trailer. It lasted 23 years and I believe this unit will last longer.
jpforsyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #5

PS. Hocking Hills Ohio in early spring:-) Happy camping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1438229380093.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	84523  
Old 07-30-2015, 01:21 PM   #6

Thanks for the info. We are keeping track of suggestions and fixes. Why reinvent the wheel when someone has a good fix. This is our first fiver. Will see how it pulls in the Smokies. We have a 2015 RAM 2500 w 5.7 L & 3.73 grand. Used all sorts of formulas to calc tow cap. It does not meet the manufac number of 11,200. But atleast it comes to the trailer max cap. Guess we'll see. Thanks again. CN
Old 07-30-2015, 02:07 PM   #7

28rl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpforsyth View Post
Bought a 2015 this past spring. Already pulled it about 5,000 miles. Pulls great with 2013 2500HD Chevy Duramax. It is a solid unit. Camped below freezing and above 90 at Mrytle Beach. Some debug issues. Registers on the furnace are not balanced. Used steel wool in ducts from furnace to balance. Same with airconditioning. Taped duct connection to furnace. Cleaned a lot of construction debris from appliance compartments. Slides drugged on bottom. Re-adjusted slide height. Replaced bushings on suspension equalizer. Repaired skylight in bathroom. Re-attached miscellaneous interior trim. Replaced the thermostat on the hotwater heater to one that the temperature can be set lower.
After saying all of that, I would buy the unit again. It is a well build solid well designed unit. Primetime has been extremely accommodating and helpful in addressing any questions or issues. Only design issues is no coat closet for brooms and coats. To enter the bathroom from bedroom you need to step down into main living area to open bathroom door. Also the recliners are hard to move and the curtain hold downs are always getting knocked off. I have not strapped down chairs or recliners during towing. Just keep the recliner pushed close to the center console so the recliners do not hit the curtain hold downs. The pull out couch bed is only for children. The support bar will hit you right in the shoulder blades. Enjoy your new 5th wheel. This is only the second new unit I have bought. The first one was a 93 Dutchman Trailer. It lasted 23 years and I believe this unit will last longer.
As suggested by others, I set the recliners back to back to console and used swimming noodles to protect , then strapped them together...yeah those bottom brackets at curtains are a pain...three gone...know what you are saying about debris, always seem to find some....did you readjust your slides on your own or dealer?
Tula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:35 PM   #8

I do all work on my own. None of it was hard. It is easier than setting a schedule and taking the unit to the dealer.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:37 PM   #9

The slide adjustment were under advisement of Primetime. Again they have been very helpful.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:45 PM   #10

Marin
Just pulled it over July 4 over 40 to Asheville to go to Mrytle Beach from Chicago. It will pull fine with your gasser:-) Just will not pull over Jellico mountain on interstate 75 at 70mph :-) like the Duramax will. Have fun.

Tags
crusader