Old 05-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #1
2016 Sanibel 3601 - Holding Tanks - Indicators and Dump Valves

On our Sanibel 3601 we have a 64 gallon fresh water holding tank, a 90 gallon gray water hoding tank, and a 50 gallon black water holding tank. We now know the small petcock valve located under the left side storage compartment is to drain the fresh water tank. But now we have questions about the tank level indicators and the tank dump valves.

There are three tank dump valves located in the hookup compartment as seen in the attached picture. We know the center black handle dumps the 50 gallon black holding tank, and we assume there is just one 50 gallon tank. We think we actually have two gray water tanks that total 90 gallons. As seen in the attached picture there is a level button for the fresh, gray front, gray galley, black front and black rear indicators. We assume the gray front is the bathroom sink and shower, and the gray galley is the kitchen sink. So our question is to confirm this, but we also would like to know the gallons of each gray tank, and which silver tank dump valve goes to which gray tank?

We assume the black rear level button is non functional based on the note that the tanks may vary by model, even though the indicators do light up when pressed.

2016 Sanibel 3601
2015 Ram Laramie Longhorn Dually
2015 nights camping: 8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sanibel 3601 - dump valves.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	78459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sanibel 3601 - tank level models.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	78460  

TomAngieSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
I have a 2015 Sanibel 3601, they have changed this a little from the 2015 to the 2016 model it appears. I have the same dump valve configurations as in your picture, I marked mine with a sharpie so that I would remember. My unit is in storage right now and not at home but if I remember correctly the left or back valve is for the bathroom and the front or right silver valve is for the galley. You only have one black water tank in your model, the panel appears to be used across all the Sanibel models and was changed from my layout in 2015 I think because they started to offer the 3901 front living model and it has two black water tanks. So you are correct the second monitor is not connected to anything in our model. I am not sure which is connected to your black tank but with time you will be able to tell with use. This is a little confusing I am sure but this does allow PT to use the same monitor panel for all models. I know that there is a total of 90 gallons of gray water capacity between the two tanks, I would assume that one is 50 gallons and the other 40 gallons, but I do not know which is which.

clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #3
Thank you clr for the info. It is very helpful to hear from someone with the same model.
TomAngieSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #4
Or 2 45 gallon grey tanks. Also, what I did was ...... used the unit for a few days then pulled one grey handle & note the color. If the water is just cloudy, it's probably bathroom shower & sink water. Then the other. If it's darker or brownish, it's probably your kitchen sink water (dishes are dirtier than we are..........usually ). Then I labeled them.
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

tank, sanibel, cat, valve