Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2016, 08:55 AM   #1

2017 Crusader 295RST: LAW TAG

I have a 2017 Crusader 295RST. The unit has a 'theater seating' set of recliners. Found a defect in the leather-like seat back and was told I need to send a photo of the "LAW TAG" in order for the warranty to consider repair/replacement. Does anyone know where I might find it on the unit? Thank tou! Happy Thanksgiving!
SusanEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:14 AM   #2

Is it the one that says do not remove under penalty of law....? Like on mattresses

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:20 AM   #3

Re: LAW TAG

Thank you for your reply. I know what the "law tag" is. I wanted to know where it is on the unit as my unit is in storage; battery out; unable to extend the slide. If it is behind the unit, I will not be able to access it until I pull it out of storage in the spring. Just wondering if anyone knew where it is.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:31 AM   #4

It should be attached to the bottom of it somewhere under the seat maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 05:40 PM   #5

Interesting, I have the same seating in my PT 315. Have had them fixed once - the footrest release cable broke (corrected with different parts and different cable run so it was a design flaw) and now the spring in one is broken - it is a single wire about the size of a coat hanger and the end broke off so now that person leans to the right a little. Will go with separate recliners from now on and probably not the ones that come with the RV.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:15 PM   #6

Paper Tag

That's the paper tag that comes on furniture and pillows and mattress's.
Called a Law Tag, because illegal to remove except by consumer.
Maybe on back of furniture or on cushion, or even underneath furniture.
May be removed by previous owner if any.
Sounds like the dealer should know it is not old.
Only here once - do it baby!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:33 PM   #7

Law Tag

Than you for the replies. I located the tag under the recliner footrest.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:30 AM   #8

I had the same issue with my couch. They needed a picture of the law tag. I could not locate it anywhere on the couch. I sent them detailed pictures and measurements to ensure I got the correct couch replacement. They were able to use that.

They need the law tag to show who had manufactured the product. The law tag has different vendor information so they know how to go back to for an in-warranty replacement.

Good luck.
2008 Rockwood Freedom 1640LTD
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman CTD
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:39 AM   #9

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Usually on the cross brace under the foot rest. Every recliner I have ever seen has it view able when the recliner is in the recline position.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 05:17 PM   #10

We did locate the tag,It is on the underside of the rearward recliner foot rest.Have to lay on the floor to take a picture of it .
articrhinocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #11

All these things are made so poorly, it annoys me we spend our hard earned $ then you chase your tail with the dealer and mfg to get crap fixed or replaced. I am amazed how they all stay in business, I refuse to ever buy a new unit again bc of this and depreciation...
Old 01-24-2017, 11:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanEB View Post
I have a 2017 Crusader 295RST. The unit has a 'theater seating' set of recliners. Found a defect in the leather-like seat back and was told I need to send a photo of the "LAW TAG" in order for the warranty to consider repair/replacement. Does anyone know where I might find it on the unit? Thank tou! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 01-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #13

Just an update on this ,Primetime doesn't want to replace the theater seating unit,Dealer claims their upholstery person can repair it. I am not happy with this response. Does anybody have any contact info for customer service ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 01-24-2017, 01:56 PM   #14

One of the theater seats in mine now has a defect on the seat back and is disintegrating. I am looking to put a seat cover over it as a temporary fix until I replace it. Will never have Theater seating again - nice sales gimmick but lots of possibilities for problems too. The Thomas Paine version of it allows you to purchase the individual seats - left or right and just replace that seat or the console. I called the factory on what we have(forget the brand at the moment but it is a very reputable brand) and they do not do that.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruff View Post
One of the theater seats in mine now has a defect on the seat back and is disintegrating. I am looking to put a seat cover over it as a temporary fix until I replace it. Will never have Theater seating again - nice sales gimmick but lots of possibilities for problems too. The Thomas Paine version of it allows you to purchase the individual seats - left or right and just replace that seat or the console. I called the factory on what we have(forget the brand at the moment but it is a very reputable brand) and they do not do that.

Really a shame MFG Primetime and MFG of Furniture leave us hanging on their quality defects after we spend good $ on these things

Tags
295, crusader