Old 01-15-2018, 08:45 AM   #1

2017 Sanibel 3601

Greetings all, new member to this forum and i am having a problem. I have only owned my Sanibel 3601 since last January. Living in Florida never had to use the heater. Weekend before last fired it up and it worked fine. Then it blew the 15 AMP fuse in the LP slot. I had changed out that fuse last April when i noticed the back of it had fallen off. I put a normal blue 15 amp fuse in it figuring that a fuse is a fuse. The blue fuse is the one that blew. I replaced that with the original fuse it came with ( the one the back fell off) and it worked again. Took me an entire week to find another like fuse and i was told that it was a 15 AMP automatic reset blade fuse. Well stuck that in yesterday and i could never get the furnace to come back on. Thermostat is set to the furnace and all. Inside temp was 55 and i had the Thermostat set at 68. The blower doesn't even come on. So I am still wondering if that fuse is correct. No red light next to it and everything that is attached to that fuse is working.

The other funny part is that when i went in the RV to turn the furnace on the AC was running and the inside temp was 45 and it was set to 80. Once i selected the furnace the AC turned off as it is supposed to. Gas bottles are both showing Green at the regulator. Both tanks are wide open. I am attached to 50 amp service at the house.

any ideas? i have attached photo's of the OEM fuse that was in the LP slot. Do i need to cycle the AC fuses?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15 AMP Fuse.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	160220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inside 15 AMP Fuse.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	160221  

dapennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:21 AM   #2

We have a 2016 3601 Sanibel, it came with a 15 amp fuse, when furnace would run it would blow fuse. The manual for the 40000 but furnace state it should have a 20 amp dedicated fuse. I replaced with 20 amp fuse & haven't had a problem since. We had ours back for some warranty work & ask, they thought it was ok with 20 amp fuse. Ours had a couple of the led lights on that circuit too.

davem1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem1974 View Post
We have a 2016 3601 Sanibel, it came with a 15 amp fuse, when furnace would run it would blow fuse. The manual for the 40000 but furnace state it should have a 20 amp dedicated fuse. I replaced with 20 amp fuse & haven't had a problem since. We had ours back for some warranty work & ask, they thought it was ok with 20 amp fuse. Ours had a couple of the led lights on that circuit too.
Thanks for the info. Since i put that new fuse in it still hasn't come on. I am getting ready to go in the basement and supposedly there is a reset switch on the furnace. i will give that a try and see what happens. I will most likely go with the 20 AMP fuse after i get it running again. Hopefully with this 15 amp auto reset circuit breaker it will work. i will let you know.

thanks again
doug
dapennington is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sanibel