Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #1

290RLT Slide problems

Was wondering if anyone else has had this type of a problem. The large slide on our 2011 Crusader 290RLT (single 12v Battery) doesn’t open or close without problems. If it’s closed you have to push the switch to the in position until you hear the motors start to hum then rock the switch to out. It will go about 3”s then stop. Then you have to push the switch to in then out position and hold it to get it to go another 3’s then it will stop. You have to continue doing this until the slide is out all the way. It takes about 16 or 17 of these start and stops to get it all the way out. If you want to bring it back in you have to do the whole thing all over again in reverse. The circuit breaker doesn’t trip. Called the dealer they can’t get it in until July 5th. They said could be a control board, bad switch, the usual stuff. I did go through all of the connections I could find near the battery, they were all lose so I replaced all of the crimp connections and cleaned the terminals. Still no luck. Any ideas ?

2011 Crusader 290RLT
2010 GMC 2500HD 6.0
Nights camped in '11 - 35
62car9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
Commercial Member

We are guessing that you are not plugged in by reading your post. Many times the situation you are describing is a lack of power from your single source battery.

Please feel free to contact our customer service and we will attempt to help you troubleshoot your situation:

Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #3

Sorry forgot to mention, it happens with the trailer plugged into 120v and (at the same time) with the wiring harness plugged into the tow vehicle which has duel 12v batteries. I will give customer service a shout in the am. Thanks for the help RV Guy!

2011 Crusader 290RLT
2010 GMC 2500HD 6.0
Nights camped in '11 - 35
62car9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
290rlt