Old 02-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
295RST owners?

We've recently ordered a 2013 295RST, touring edition, 16" rims, free standing dinette, colored front cap. .

Are there any other 295RST owners out there that would like to share anything about their rig? Quality, issues etc? I'd even be interested in hearing from anyone that has loaded weights.

We have yet to get an accurate ETA on our rig and we are quite anxious to get one. If RV guy (from my reading I beleive he should be able to help us out with that) is around I'd love for him to contact me.

We are very excited about our Crusader product, we have done a lot of research and we really believe we've found the right rig (this is our first fifth wheel, we've had 2 travel trailers and 2 pop up trailers).

another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Commercial Member
Feel free to PM me with your info and I'll see if I can do some checking for you.

RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
Welcome and congrats on your new Crusader.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Congrats on new RV. My wife and I just got our new Lacrosse. Eveything was perfect with it. You will love it. We hade to wait about 6 weeks
gtschmidt58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
New Owners Also

We have just purchased our first 5th Wheel Crusader 2013 295RST TE. We will sign the papers this Weekend. The Unit is ready for us. I need to mount a 5th wheel first. I too think the Crusader is a good choice. Will post both good and bad. We are planning a trip to Maine for it's first trip.

I plan to mount a B&W Turnover ball with a Companion 5th wheel on 2012 Dodge 2500 - CrewCab with 6'4" bed. Any thoughts anyone?
GeoArm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
GeoArm please do let me know how the unit works out for you.

I am getting my fifth wheel hitch installed tomorrow, 16K Reese slider. Our truck a 2012 f-150HD (Max tow/HD payload package).
Old 04-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #7
Our new Crusader arrived at our dealer (in Hamilton, Ontario) on this past Wednesday. It will be PDI'd and slide toppers will be installed and then we will take delivery next Friday.

We cannot wait, we are so excited.

We have been able to quickly go through the unit while it is at the dealer and it looks FANTASTIC!!

For anyone wondering about timelines, from order to delivery to dealer, it was ordered around Jan 20 and delivery on Apr 3.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
I am thinking, we might have to have a trailer warming party soon then A_N
Lostincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
New 2014 295rst champagne TE - did the walkthrough this weekend and signed the deal. Its a beautiful unit and overall we are very happy. Trailer was left at dealer for topper and other accessories and will be there through may 17(4 hours away). A question is can I mount a couple hose hooks onto the back wall of the front storage compartment(where battery is)without risk to wiring or plumbing? Trailer got a ton of looks - I think the champagne/high gloss w/16 aluminum makes it a gorgeous unit- hopefully the toppers (black elite a/e) wont take away from that.

irishrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
Congrats! We'll take 'Lonesome Dove' on it's maiden voyage next week. Just a short jaunt to a state park a few miles up the road, but we're looking forward to it as a kid looks forward to Christmas...

Our only driveway observations since we picked it up are:

1. Wish we had gotten the 16" wheels/tires combo. We'll probably add them later on.

2. Noticed there's no battery cutoff switch

3. The interior window shades are not day/night.

Everything else absolutely positive... Fit and trim are outstanding. The auto leveling system is a thing of beauty. Tows nicely...

Will post some pics and give an account of the experience. Looking forward to seeing pics of those new 295RSTs!!

Scratch sends...
'12 nights camped: 12
'13 nights camped: 24
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote