Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #1

295RST owners?

We've recently ordered a 2013 295RST, touring edition, 16" rims, free standing dinette, colored front cap. .

Are there any other 295RST owners out there that would like to share anything about their rig? Quality, issues etc? I'd even be interested in hearing from anyone that has loaded weights.

We have yet to get an accurate ETA on our rig and we are quite anxious to get one. If RV guy (from my reading I beleive he should be able to help us out with that) is around I'd love for him to contact me.

We are very excited about our Crusader product, we have done a lot of research and we really believe we've found the right rig (this is our first fifth wheel, we've had 2 travel trailers and 2 pop up trailers).
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Feel free to PM me with your info and I'll see if I can do some checking for you.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #3

Welcome and congrats on your new Crusader.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #4

Congrats on new RV. My wife and I just got our new Lacrosse. Eveything was perfect with it. You will love it. We hade to wait about 6 weeks
gtschmidt58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #5

New Owners Also

We have just purchased our first 5th Wheel Crusader 2013 295RST TE. We will sign the papers this Weekend. The Unit is ready for us. I need to mount a 5th wheel first. I too think the Crusader is a good choice. Will post both good and bad. We are planning a trip to Maine for it's first trip.

I plan to mount a B&W Turnover ball with a Companion 5th wheel on 2012 Dodge 2500 - CrewCab with 6'4" bed. Any thoughts anyone?
GeoArm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #6

GeoArm please do let me know how the unit works out for you.

I am getting my fifth wheel hitch installed tomorrow, 16K Reese slider. Our truck a 2012 f-150HD (Max tow/HD payload package).
Old 04-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #7

Our new Crusader arrived at our dealer (in Hamilton, Ontario) on this past Wednesday. It will be PDI'd and slide toppers will be installed and then we will take delivery next Friday.

We cannot wait, we are so excited.

We have been able to quickly go through the unit while it is at the dealer and it looks FANTASTIC!!

For anyone wondering about timelines, from order to delivery to dealer, it was ordered around Jan 20 and delivery on Apr 3.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #8

I am thinking, we might have to have a trailer warming party soon then A_N
Lostincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #9

New 2014 295rst champagne TE - did the walkthrough this weekend and signed the deal. Its a beautiful unit and overall we are very happy. Trailer was left at dealer for topper and other accessories and will be there through may 17(4 hours away). A question is can I mount a couple hose hooks onto the back wall of the front storage compartment(where battery is)without risk to wiring or plumbing? Trailer got a ton of looks - I think the champagne/high gloss w/16 aluminum makes it a gorgeous unit- hopefully the toppers (black elite a/e) wont take away from that.

Thanks
Paul
irishrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #10

Congrats! We'll take 'Lonesome Dove' on it's maiden voyage next week. Just a short jaunt to a state park a few miles up the road, but we're looking forward to it as a kid looks forward to Christmas...

Our only driveway observations since we picked it up are:

1. Wish we had gotten the 16" wheels/tires combo. We'll probably add them later on.

2. Noticed there's no battery cutoff switch

3. The interior window shades are not day/night.

Everything else absolutely positive... Fit and trim are outstanding. The auto leveling system is a thing of beauty. Tows nicely...

Will post some pics and give an account of the experience. Looking forward to seeing pics of those new 295RSTs!!
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #11

Mine came with a battery disconnect in the docking station - maybe a 2014 add? Good news is they are cheap and easy to add. I had day/night shades in my last 5th but the window tint wasn't near as dark as the Crusader is - so I kind of doubt I'll miss them-should be fine with just the night shades. I was a bit surprised at the lack of a spot for kitchen garbage can. Need to mod the shelf under the sink for a can to fit. We previously had a rear kitchen unit with tons of storage (and dinette) so now less storage but more living space - we'll adjust. We are torn about using the propane bbq it came with because we have a webber baby q we really like.....might try to get that working on the quick disconnect, decisions. The auto levellers are insanely good. Really a great package from an impressive company. I was at the dealers yesterday watching the hot shotters from the factory pull in with Tracers, Lacross and Avenger but I think I got the only Crusader TE so far. Nice.
irishrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #12

Amazing feedback thus far! Exciting to read. We couldn't resist and drove by our dealer tonight to see our unit again. It's still sitting there waiting for us...

I'll be interested to see if our unit has a battery disconnect or not. It is a 2014, so we hope like Irishrv's it does.

Irishrv I think you'll find that if you use the LP BBQ that came with the Crusader it won't compare to your Weber. I know in our case we'll stick with our Weber. I just use a 10LB tank and won't bother modifying it to use the quick connect on the rig.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #13

The battery disconnect doesn't bother me, really. I just take the ground wire off the battery when we store it, then replace it as we get it ready for a trip. Nice to know they added it on the '14, and I'll get around to adding one soon. We noticed the tint was darker on the unit than our previous and, as result, we'll most-likely be just fine without the day/nights too. Roger that on the somewhat limited storage and missing trash can space. Again; we'll adapt... The most difficult thing is the wait till our maiden voyage next week!!

The fit/trim quality on our 295rst is five times that of the ole Cougar. Very impressed with PT...
'14 nights camped:
Old 04-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #14

Does anyone happen to know what size battery the battery box will accept? I have 2 G24 on my TT and they are all but done. I'd like to go with one on the new rig and ideally put in a G27.

We signed all the paperwork this morning, but our toppers still aren't in and the service department did not exactly give me confidence that they'll have it done by our scheduled pickup date of this Friday. I think we'll just take it like it is and bring it back for topper installation.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #15

Well tomorrow is the big day! After what seems like forever we can finally pickup our new Crusader!

We are extremely excited.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #16

Sleep won't come easy tonight!!! Have fun tomorrow...
'14 nights camped:
Old 04-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #17

Well the long wait was DEFINITELY worth it. .

Our Prime Time unit was everything we could have hoped for and more. There were no surprises with the unit itself, not one single issue. Everything worked and the fit and finish was just plain out of this world.

We are over the moon happy and we just know our Crusader will serve us for years and years.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #18

Good to hear things went well. When's the first trip?

We finally take ours out of storage tomorrow in preparation for a mini trip this weekend. We're sooooo ready to go...
'14 nights camped:
Old 04-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #19

Scratch we left our dealer and went right to a campground (kind of a tradition for us) to have our first outing.

We had an absolute BLAST and we just love our Crusader.

Ours also has a battery disconnect in the docking station.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
Scratch we left our dealer and went right to a campground (kind of a tradition for us) to have our first outing.

We had an absolute BLAST and we just love our Crusader.

Ours also has a battery disconnect in the docking station.
Envious about that battery disconnect, Newfie!!

Our dealer is now checking on what it would cost us to swap the 15" tires/rims for 16s.

Were you able to find time away from those comfy theater seating chairs during your stay?
'14 nights camped: